Only in Minnesota...truly will melt your heart!

Kippy
This topic is 2164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Only in Minnesota...

ROSE NYLUND: "You know I'm tired of you knocking Minnesota! We might not be as 'sophisticated' as Miami, with French boutiques, valet parking, and facelifts for Christmas vacation, but we have family and community! And so what if we have farms? If we didn't have farms you couldn't eat, if you couldn't eat you couldn't go on a diet, and if you couldn't go on a diet what would you do for the rest of your life?!"

Edited by samhexum

Except sometimes maybe the weather?

Only in winter. Half the year in Florida it’s insufferably hot and humid. On every other index—physical fitness, longevity, education—Minnesota ranks up near the top. I lived there for a few years when younger and even enjoyed long X-Country skiing treks in the winter.

Only in winter. Half the year in Florida it’s insufferably hot and humid. On every other index—physical fitness, longevity, education—Minnesota ranks up near the top. I lived there for a few years when younger and even enjoyed long X-Country skiing treks in the winter.

You must be in shape!

A throwback to my youth, "this single was from 1975. Northern Light was formed in 1974 and is made up of four members: guitarist, Spence Peterson, lead guitarist, Nick Raths, bassist, Gary Lopac and David Sandler on piano. The group shares singing roles and is particularly noted for their pristine vocals and masterful pop productions. Sandler writes most of the material and does the arranging and producing with aid from other members of the group."

As a native of Minneapolis who grew up in St. Louis Park, I've come to appreciate the bromide, "You can take the guy outta Minnesota, but gosh darn it, don't even try to take the Minnesota outta the guy!"

Only in Minnesota...

...can a raccoon scale a 20-story building and become an internet darling.

A raccoon that appeared to be stranded on a ledge after climbing more than 20 stories of a high-rise office building in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota, has made it to the roof, easing concerns that the animal could plummet to its death...