You're just too preppy (W.A.S.P.) for me...

marylander1940

Georgetown is preppy?

I suppose there is a snobbishness in who decides. In the eye of the beholder perhaps would be fairer.

Is Georgetown an elite school?

The stereotype at Georgetown is that we are all rich, preppy, east coasters who went to the most elite prep high schools. While there are many people who do fit this stereotype, there are also a lot of international students and students from other states.

preppy/ˈprɛpi/

INFORMAL•US

noun

1. a pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, or a person resembling such a pupil in dress or appearance.

adjective

1. of or typical of a pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, especially with reference to their neat style of dress.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose there is a snobbishness in who decides. In the eye of the beholder perhaps would be fairer.

Is Georgetown an elite school?

The stereotype at Georgetown is that we are all rich, preppy, east coasters who went to the most elite prep high schools. While there are many people who do fit this stereotype, there are also a lot of international students and students from other states.

preppy/ˈprɛpi/

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+pronounce+preppy&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAOMIfcRowS3w8sc9YSn9SWtOXmPU5OINKMrPK81LzkwsyczPExLiYglJLcoV4pLi4GIrKEotKKi0YlFiSs3jWcQqnpFfrlCSr1AA1JEP1JKqAFEAAEi1cI1XAAAA&pron_lang=en&pron_country=gb&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjIlJLevKvqAhUnWhUIHSQsAwQQ3eEDMAB6BAgFEAg

INFORMAL•US

noun

1. a pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, or a person resembling such a pupil in dress or appearance.

adjective

1. of or typical of a pupil or graduate of an expensive prep school, especially with reference to their neat style of dress.

I don’t know much about the culture of Georgetown, but I’m guessing it’s more or less like some of the ivys that have fallen “out of the league” of preppy. Like Harvard/Yale/Princeton once considered to be waspy/preppy colleges but now too intellectual, or international to be considered truly preppy. Hampden Sydney College was deemed by Lisa Birnbach to be the most preppy college in America.

• 2 weeks later...