San Francisco

Edward
This topic is 2199 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest TheOtherGuy

The Castro is now basically a sanitized amusement park for people who want to experience “The Gay” first hand. I haven’t seen guys on the stroll there for years. Polk St and the surrounding neighborhoods (TL) have majorly shifted too. There may still be guys on the street there, but you’ll be sorting through tweakers, numerous homeless people, (many of them severely mentally ill) and countless piles of human feces in order to find the working boys. My advice is to stick to the digital hunting grounds. It’ll be a lot less hassle and a lot less depressing.

I have see some in the past wandering around the Castro an on Polk street?

Yeah, like as in 1983!

I'd have said 1978. I was mid-20s and in suit-and-tie when a goodlooking young man (3-4 years younger) propositioned me on Polk. He asked if I was free for the afternoon and would enjoy a couple of hours of fun with him. I mentioned, and he confirmed, my assumption that he would not be free ;-)

As a suburbanite, Ive stopped wasting time on the apps. Mostly.

But when I will be spending time in SF, or if traveling, I reload the apps. The activity level is significant when in those locales. If I was looking for hookups, and wasnt choosy, I believe I could accomplish my goal. Maybe that's rationalization.....

I used to meet guys frequently from craigs, and in the internet dark-ages,from AOL and some IRCs.

I met a guy in the 90s. I dont remember his specifics - not a name, not appearance - but I remember him telling me "my grandmother says 'anyone can get married if they'll marry anyone.'"

That line, and variations, has always stuck with. And I believe its relevant. Anyone can get a hookup on an app if they'll hookup with anyone.