Avalon
This topic is 2235 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

click on your small username at upper right (or just hover over it) and then click on "avatar"....having already saved that picture to your computer, "browse" to it and set it ("okay") as your avatar

Edited by azdr0710

click on your small username at upper right (or just hover over it) and then click on "avatar"....having already saved that picture to your computer, "browse" to it and set it ("okay") as your avatar

I just can not get the url in.

I just can not get the url in.

You would download the pic to your computer first, then follow @azdr0710 's instructions. To save the picture, open the URL, right-click on the picture and select "Save image as" and either specify a name or use the one that displays in the pop-up.

The moderators may not be able to help you since it appears your desired lion may have a copyright attached.

Just to clarify - you are not dealing with URL’s but rather actual photos that are residing on your computer. I think avatar’s are the only situation that allows non-URL photo upload to the forum computer system.

You can do this avatar thing.

We can help walk you through this.

Are you using a Mac or a PC?

If a Mac:

Click on the photo. It will probably open in a new window.

Click-Hold on the new photo and, while still Click-Holding drag it to your desktop. Release the Click-Hold.

The photo should now be on your desktop and residing on your computer. You should move it to some picture or document folder on your computer.

Now follow the @azdr0710 instruction above.

Someone else is probably going to have to chime in.

Is a Chromebook totally cloud based or does it allow you to save files to either the Chromebook itself or to a USB dongle?

I'm a dinosaur. When I first went online back in 1997 I had a WebTV and I'd still be with it no doubt but it ended. I then got a Chromebook. Very simple for someone like me who is computer ignorant.

On a Chromebook, you will save the images to your Google Drive. Here's a quick video on YouTube on how to save the image. Once you save it to your Google Drive, you can follow the directions in azdr0710's first post above. Just point it to the location you saved it to in your Google Drive.