She Deserves Her Own Thread ...

SAdler
This topic is 6686 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Though I'm not of that generation, my immense love for this woman surpasses nearly any diva of my generation. I only wish she'd still be with us to play some really great modern temptress bitch roles.

So ... anyone have any other favorite moments of her?

***Don't make me kick all your asses for a stupid webhost, it worked in previews :)***

http://madeline-kahn.com/Picture/kahn08.jpg

Ah, OK, we're talking Madeline Kahn. One of my all-time favorites, too (although I never realized you had to be of the same generation to appreciate someone's talent :o ). My favorite roles of hers would have to be Eunice Burns in What's Up Doc? ("What on earth are you doing with Howard Bannister's rocks?!"), Trixie Delight in Paper Moon ("Took me years to get bone structure")and Elizabeth in Young Frankenstein (after seeing the monster's cock: "Oh my God! Woof!"). :+

Elizabeth to Monster after first tryst: You're like all other men, 7 or 8 quickies and you're gone. I paraphrase.

Hail Miss Kahn!

She was terrific.

One time, at an event she attended, there was a reception after the main event. The reception was held in a room that happened to have a grand piano. The piano player suggested that she sing, a suggestion that others in the room picked up on, but she demurred. I urged her to go ahead and she agreed... so long as I would sing with her. So that's how I ended up singing at the piano one night with Madeline Kahn, a classy, smart, funny lady.

BG

ps: I think my favorite of her roles was Eunice in What's Up Doc?

"Let's not forget Kahn's star turn as the firebrand actress "Lily Garland" in the musical "On The Twentieth Century.""

I mean no disrespect to the deceased but I'm sure many of her fellow co-stars would like to forget her "diva" star turn in that production, which got her fired. Her behavior and her treatment of others is well documented and the production staff will never forget her. She fell into my arms at the Tony's that year but even I could not save her from the daggers in the Waldorf.

Madeline Kahn was a great talent but, like many great talents in Hollywood, she was a peculiar woman who seemed to carry a chip with a bit of baggage. I adored her but felt sorry for her at the same time. That brick wall was just too damn thick. May she rest in peace.

Archived