Goodnight Mrs. King

Godiva
This topic is 6688 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am sure many of you are aware of Coretta Scott Kings passing. She made a huge contribution toward the advancement of both civil and human rights around the world.

My parents were quite the activists in their heyday so my siblings and I were well versed on the various movements of change in our history as well as those leading the change.. I met Mrs King breifly at my college when she came to do a lecture on Human Rights and yes.... Gay Rights..It was many years ago when she was in her prime but it was quite memorable. I crumbled in her presence.. She was an icon in her own right. I will cherish those memories.

Mrs King can now join the pantheon of the now mythic civil rights, human rights heroines and take her rightful place beside Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Susan B. Anthony and many many more..

There were 3 women that I always wanted to meet..Mrs King was one of them, alas I will never meet Rosa Parks and Rachel Robinson(Jackie's wife) who I had the absolute pleasure of meeting and letting her know how proud I was of her and her husbands contributions to both civil and human rights.

Thank you Mrs King for making a difference in my life.

G

Guest ReturnOfS

I too was very said to hear about Mrs. King's passing. I thank her for her contributions to civil rights and going even further to suppport gay rights. What a great woman. I hope that the news media mentions that in their reporting.

A truly great soldier for equal rights for all.

I had the honor of meeting her on the occasion of the placement of her husband's bust in statuary hall of the Capitol. I was humbled by her graciousness and I was simply incapable of saying much more than "thank you for what you've done".

That simple thought is still what I'd say to her.

There were 3 women that I always wanted to meet..Mrs King was

>one of them, alas I will never meet Rosa Parks and Rachel

>Robinson(Jackie's wife) who I had the absolute pleasure of

>meeting and letting her know how proud I was of her and her

>husbands contributions to both civil and human rights.

With her and Rosa Parks recent death, it is like we are standing watching history pass before us. I am thankful that my children have seen such a different nation than we saw due in part to these women and many others. My children can't even imagine that this country use to treat people in such ways, sometimes neither can I.

May she rest in peace.

Archived