National Pet Day - 11 April

Avalon
This topic is 2242 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Same, although I have a loaner/foster/whatever cat. I was originally supposed to take care of her while her owners were in India, but then the brother of one of the owners more or less dumped their ailing mother on the doorstep, and her breathing problems mean no pets.

At home, she's not allowed in the bedroom, so this is a treat for her.

Our dog rotates between our beds each night, and sometimes changes beds during the night. On the rare occasions when he chooses to sleep elsewhere, we wonder what is wrong. On a recent visit to my spouse's family in Texas, on the last night he disappeared from our room, and we learned the next morning that he had spent the night in my sister-in-law's bed.

On the rare occasions when he chooses to sleep elsewhere, we wonder what is wrong

Me too! Once in a while my dog will climb down & go sleep on the futon in the guest room. If I get up & go see her, she'll wag her tail & come back to my/our room. Makes me wonder if *I'm* hogging the bed or something.

I usually sleep on my side. When I wake up I'm usually immediately aware of my cat perched on my upper arm and shoulder, or I have to move a little to be sure that she's camped out on my hip. As she's gotten older her weight has dropped from nine pounds to around five. If she's on my hip or thigh usually I don't even feel her once she's settled in.

Edited by Nvr2Thick