facetime/skype/video confirmation and general etiquette questions

This topic is 2258 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi! Sorry if I'm posting threads too much haha.. I sorta recently started advertising, thinking I'd be able to figure it out on my own... and now I'm learning that there's way more of an etiquette with everything than I realized, and definitely a lot for me to learn!

Anyways, I have no intention ever to misrepresent myself at all. I'm happy with how I look for the most part, and I guess right now I'm in a stage where I sorta see myself as a work-in-progress lol. But I'm not at all trying to hide anything or make myself appear different than I am.

Here I go typing too much again sorry

If a potential client wants to do a quick live thing like facetime or skype to prove I am the same person as in my pictures, and that those pictures aren't edited at all, I'm certainly willing to do that. BUT I'm also not like, sitting around all day perfectly ready to do that. I'm starting to wonder if it's actually possible, but I really want to do this as a part-time thing. I mean I've met a few clients so far, the most recent of which might turn into a regular, but it seems like I get soo many messages from people that end up resulting in nothing, and I'm starting to wonder if it's more than just "that's part of the business" and also something I'm totally doing wrong on my end.

Anyways, my questions are:

1) How would I go about telling a potential client "I'm willing to Facetime/Skype/Whatever but umm.. I feel like a complete mess right now so would you be willing to wait X time?"

2) Would it even be acceptable, etiquette wise, to have that sort of response to a client? or do potential clients see that sort of thing as a 'red flag' and just quickly move on? Should I just put more effort into being ready to take pics or skype or whatever on a moments notice?

As a client.... my expectations of a live video session are identity-confirmation. Nothing more. Proof the pro matches the promotional pics. Generally that means face.

I can imagine a client wanting confirmation of a particular attribute; a quick peek at abs if they are expecting shredded muscle... or a hairy chest, or???. Things that can be or could have changed..... age, weight, general appearance.

Its a preferable version of the 3-fingered selfie... nothing more. My experience.... less than 60-seconds.

I dont think its reasonable for a client to expect camera-ready grooming, or a view of "private parts." Nor should they expect any significant length of time.... if a cam session is what they seek, offer to set up a Chaturbate account and schedule a private.

Youve already noted the prevalence of time-wasters. Add the inexplicable need of some people to see and collect dick-pics.

Lastly, dont make anything available that could possibly hamper your future, even in unimaginable circumstances 20 years hence.

So, to answer the question:

"I can do a quick facetime to confirm Im the same guy in my ads. Will that work?"

Thanks! I haven't had any clients ask for a video confirmation thing yet, but I realized it's a possibility and I don't tend to like, get ready unless I'm actually planning on going out haha.

I tried doing chaturbate first and decided it's not really my thing lol. This is way more preferable to me.

Thanks! I haven't had any clients ask for a video confirmation thing yet, but I realized it's a possibility and I don't tend to like, get ready unless I'm actually planning on going out haha.

I tried doing chaturbate first and decided it's not really my thing lol. This is way more preferable to me.

You can video call on FB Messenger, WhatsApp, etc. Of course both people must have it.

What one friend of mine does is a free short video on the ad shirtless with the day's newspaper every 6 months. Just to show pics are real and current. Saves him a lot of trouble and gets more customers to follow through.

1) How would I go about telling a potential client "I'm willing to Facetime/Skype/Whatever but umm.. I feel like a complete mess right now so would you be willing to wait X time?"

2) Would it even be acceptable, etiquette wise, to have that sort of response to a client? or do potential clients see that sort of thing as a 'red flag' and just quickly move on? Should I just put more effort into being ready to take pics or skype or whatever on a moments notice?

Sure, you have a life, and especially you have other clients who expect your full attention, you cannot start a FaceTime call at anytime without any advance notice, it is perfectly fine to say, “sure, we can FaceTime after 7pm tonight when I am freed up.“

if the client insists to see you right now, you can say “sorry, I am with someone right now.” Or “I am in the cinema right now, Promise after 7 pm I can FaceTime you. “

If a client doesn’t understand that, you probably shouldn’t meet him anyway, he has social etiquette issues.

Perhaps you can prevent the problem by posting a couple of G-rated, informal videos. I never have any qualms about a profile containing these.

Check out this guy's five videos and interview... anyone who would require additional proof for him is unlikely to be convinced.

and here's a simple free vid of my friend on his RM profile. Took 2 minutes almost a year ago and works fine. 99% of what anyone should ask for. If someone's unwilling to do even this once a year I'd be very suspicious.

https://rentmen.eu/BradleyBlack

and here's a simple free vid of my friend on his RM profile. Took 2 minutes almost a year ago and works fine. 99% of what anyone should ask for. If someone's unwilling to do even this once a year I'd be very suspicious.

Wow, that's actually a great idea. I'll definitely put up a video like that soon.. once I have a few more pictures posted too haha.