Chicken And Waffles

Avalon
This topic is 2025 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the recent episode of "MasterChef Junior" the young chefs had to make chicken and waffles. I just don't get it. To me waf

fles are for breakfast and chicken is for lunch or dinner. It must be a regional thing.

Now there are some things one can have for any meal. My father liked biscuits and gravy and could eat that for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I like Cream Chipped Beef on Waffles as Well!

In the South EVERY Truck Stop/Diner has Both -- Along with Biscuits and Gravy!

Now put Cream Chipped Beef on Biscuits and Gravy on the Chix on top of the Waffles!!

Mmmmmmmmmm ---- Gooooood = Like livin in an episode of The Andy Griffith Show!

I don't like combination of salty and sweet so it's not a dish a enjoy. I have been to Roscoe and I did not enjoy having syrup on my chicken.

But I actually do plan on making my own version of chicken and waffles but to flavor the waffle with baco and basil so that it is a savory dish and then I won't need the syrup.

I could imagine it on waffles. When I was a kid, we frequently had creamed chipped beef for dinner, usually with mashed potatoes, but occasionally on toast. When I was in the army, we often had creamed chipped beef for breafast, with toast or biscuits. With toast it was called " shit on a shingle."

When we were kids my mother made cream chipped ham - bought a pound of smoked ham from the deli for a buck - sauce and toast - then applesauce for dessert = cheap meal for 6ppl usually on Friday - Dad got paid on Saturday

When we were kids my mother made cream chipped ham - bought a pound of smoked ham from the deli for a buck - sauce and toast - then applesauce for dessert = cheap meal for 6ppl usually on Friday - Dad got paid on Saturday

That was generally an age of creamed dishes - chipped beef, ham, chicken, eggs, tuna, potatoes, various vegetables.

Now, I find bechamel sauce to be an extremely rich sauce that I almost never use.

This topic is 2025 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.