The Most Popular Cocktail in Every State, According to Google

Avalon
This topic is 2294 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Moscow mule

Cocktail

Moscow mule is a cocktail made with vodka, spicy ginger beer, and lime juice, garnished with a slice or wedge of lime. It is a type of buck and therefore sometimes known as a vodka buck. The Moscow mule is popularly served in a copper mug. Wikipedia

Main alcohol: Vodka

Ingredients: 4 oz Ginger beer, 1 1/2 oz Vodka, 1/6 oz Lime juice

Preparation: Combine vodka and ginger beer in a copper mug or highball glass filled with ice. Add lime juice. Stir gently and garnish with a lime slice.

Served: On the rocks; poured over ice.

Drinkware: Copper mug or highball glass

The article says that the "mint julep" is the most popular cocktail in Kentucky. Maybe on the first Saturday in May but not the rest of the time. I've had about three in my entire life and I drink like a fish.

The mint keeps getting in your teeth and the taste is, well, too minty.

For the perfect mint julep do this:

1. Wash hands with mint-scented soap. 2. Pour Makers Mark in a glass. 3. Drink

I was born and raised in Texas. I was wondering if it might be the Frozen Margarita. It’s not. It is however a tequila based drink called a Paloma which is tequila and grapefruit juice. I have never heard of a Paloma, and I don’t like grapefruit the fruit except possibly when it has so much sugar on it that it might as well be a candied grapefruit. I can stomach a bit of grapefruit juice-but again I’d like to add some sugar. And yes I know grapefruit shouldn’t be eaten if taking certain medications.

We moved to Shreveport Louisiana when I was 4, and left when I was 6. To my best recollection I wasn’t a heavy drinker then. I thought the most googled drink might be a Hurricane. It’s not. It’s a Daquiri. But I’m fond of them-especially the strawberry ones at Chilis.

I’ve lived in Cincinnati, Ohio twice. Ohio’s drink is Long Island Ice Teas. If they are made well, I love them. My last one was a gosh-awful one about one year ago at a dive bar in West Seattle. But I don’t ever remember ordering one in Ohio. Last time I lived there I was on a Cider kick.

I currently live in the great PNW state of Washington. The drink here is gin and tonic. I dislike gin-or at least I did when I first tasted it 20 to 30 years ago. I’m not sure I’ve had it since.

I’m maybe moving back home to Texas fairly soon. I probably still won’t order a Paloma.

Gman