Butter Or Olive Oil On Bread?

Avalon
This topic is 2300 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With bread? Anything.

Put any meal between two slices of bread and will be delicious.

Thank you, O Great Earl of Sandwich!! (Maybe he should be beatified?)

Love olive oil OR butter with bread. Hate it when they mix Balsamic with the olive oil though.

Now see we are opposites. I love the balsamic. I could do without the olive oil.

And that brings me up to another subject. On subs you can often get oil and vinegar ( whether regular-I’m assuming apple cider type, red wine, or maybe even balsamic) added. I’m sure the oil most sub places use isn’t olive oil. My question is what good does the oil do. It’s tasteless. Why don’t they just spritz on the vinegar?

And on another note, you wouldn’t believe my shock back when I lived in Wisconsin when I bit into a sub sandwich and instead of any mayo or mustard it had butter spread on the bread. This wasn’t even garlic butter-just plain butter. It wasn’t only a one time occurrence either. Don’t get me wrong. I love butter-but not really on a sub. Maybe I’m just shocked too easily.

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth