And The Alaska Highway Was Built In 18 Months????

azdr0710
This topic is 2296 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

God bless them!....McDonald's plans to make "at least half" of worldwide Happy Meals healthier......by the end of 2022!

"It’s a journey. It’s a delicate balance. Customers are looking for options today they can feel good about eating," said Julia Braun, the burger chain's head of global nutrition.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/02/15/mcdonalds-plans-make-happy-meals-healthier-worldwide-2022/338263002/

God bless them!....McDonald's plans to make "at least half" of worldwide Happy Meals healthier......by the end of 2022!

"It’s a journey. It’s a delicate balance. Customers are looking for options today they can feel good about eating," said Julia Braun, the burger chain's head of global nutrition.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/02/15/mcdonalds-plans-make-happy-meals-healthier-worldwide-2022/338263002/

I could go on and on here....but won’t unless asked. I’ve got many, many years in this sort of business - marketing, consulting, advertising, both sides of franchising.

Here’s the reality....people say they want healthy at fast food/fast casual outlets...but they don’t buy the healthy products. The products are there to avoid the “veto vote”, the customer in the car, in the group, or the family member who insists on “healthy”...even if that’s a salad with high fat toppings :rolleyes:

McDonalds is being cautious because they need to carefully watch sales and how that affects franchisees, corporate earnings, and shareholder price as they introduce more healthy products to sales mix. As McDonalds is in the stratosphere of the top 6-7 chains ringing up more that $2 million/annual sales....they can afford to experiment, what percentage of $2 million annual sales do suppose salads with healthy dressings and apple slices are in the sales mix? Relatively minuscule.

Focus groups say time and time again “fast food is my guilty pleasure“, “French fries are my favorite”, “I’ll eat healthy during the week”, “I eat healthy at home”, etc.

My point is....big fast food and fast casual chains will offer more healthy choices when consumers *actually* demand it with their buying dollars. Right now it’s “perceived healthy” for the politics, let’s see when real healthy arrives??

Focus groups say time and time again “fast food is my guilty pleasure“, “French fries are my favorite”, “I’ll eat healthy during the week”, “I eat healthy at home”, etc.

Completely agree. I rarely eat fast foods, but when I do, I do knowing full well that it is very unhealthy, but I don't care...it is my "guilty pleasure." Big Mac fries and a coke....;)

Edited by bigvalboy

I'm sure a lot of it is virtue signalling (or whatever disparaging term you want to apply) but the fact that they do it is positive. I know I go to Macca's when I'm travelling, and I'll order one of the grilled chicken and salad wraps, but I'll still order chips with it (fries for y'all). They do sell chicken Caesar salads, and I have actually seen people buy them. I'll also often have a ham, cheese and tomato toasted sandwich (from the McCafe counter). Not part of a 'healthy' initiative, but recently in several Macca's stores in regional towns they have had table service. You order at the counter, but they bring your meal to your table. In one case, their table server (who did other things as well) had Down's syndrome. I can't but applaud the store for that.

Edited by mike carey

I gave up on McDonalds about the time they took down the "100% Beef" sign and stopped using their grills to cook them.