Altered Carbon - Netflix

Guest MikeThomas
This topic is 2292 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest MikeThomas

Anybody else enjoying the occasional shot of Joel Kinnaman’s abs and ass as much as I am? Hopefully there were will be some full frontals!

Mr. Purefoy also let it all hang out in Rome.

I've always thought that James Purefoy was one of the sexiest actors out there. Ever since his small role in "A Knights Tale." The scene where he proclaims Heath Ledger a true Lord of the Realm and says, "My word is in-con-test-able!" Swoon. I've tried to watch everything he's been in. He was a sexy beast in "Rome." :eek:

I've always thought that James Purefoy was one of the sexiest actors out there. Ever since his small role in "A Knights Tale." The scene where he proclaims Heath Ledger a true Lord of the Realm and says, "My word is in-con-test-able!" Swoon. I've tried to watch everything he's been in. He was a sexy beast in "Rome." :eek:

Mr. Purefoy also let it all hang out in Rome.

Lots of nudity!

James Purefoy is full frontal in episode 2 and huge.

Just saw Joel the other day and he is very skinny now, almost gaunt. I hope it's for a role.

At the risk of hijacking this thread (apologies to @MikeThomas), if you like James Purefoy, you should watch him in Bedrooms and Hallways where he has hot scenes with Kevin McKidd

Edited by LoveNDino

James Purefoy in "Rome"....purely for historical purposes so HBO could show how wealthy Romans washed themselves, I'm sure.....certainly couldn't be gratuitous nudity.....could it??!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-o31xbRk6-pw/U43wOax1kFI/AAAAAAACUOE/EF7nA8a0EXI/s1600/james+purefoy+naked.gif

Edited by azdr0710

Altered Carbon has been a difficult show for me to binge watch. I enjoy the show, but I can't sit through two shows in a row. It's like trying to eat a second big slice of cheese cake.

After scenes cropping Joel Kinnaman low at the waist, teasing us with full rear shots, and coyly blocking frontals with strategically placed objects the scene with Purefoy boldly striding in nude was quite an unexpected surprise.

The show is an interesting mix of genres and tropes -- True Crime's noir detective story, Battlestar Galactica incessantly flawed characters, Blade Runner's gritty futuristic society, Daredevil's unapologetically unrestrained graphic violence...

I guess when you are an actor being paid and staring in a leading roll you hit the gym hard. I too was impressed by his body and wish I had the motivation it takes. I liked Hugh Jackman's response to a fan who asked, "I want to have the Wolverine body how do I look like that?" He said, "Don't, it sucks. You have to workout constantly and only eat broccoli and chicken." After Logan he is ready to go to pot. I doubt he would ever go to pot, but it was a nice reminder that Men also suffer from the unattainable beauty syndrome. We all want to look like a Calvin Klein model but few of us have the time to devote for the end results.

Altered Carbon has been a difficult show for me to binge watch. I enjoy the show, but I can't sit through two shows in a row. It's like trying to eat a second big slice of cheese cake.

After scenes cropping Joel Kinnaman low at the waist, teasing us with full rear shots, and coyly blocking frontals with strategically placed objects the scene with Purefoy boldly striding in nude was quite an unexpected surprise.

The show is an interesting mix of genres and tropes -- True Crime's noir detective story, Battlestar Galactica incessantly flawed characters, Blade Runner's gritty futuristic society, Daredevil's unapologetically unrestrained graphic violence...

I notice that all the male frontal nudity in this show is impressive I guess in the future they have perfected penis enlargement. LOL

Nope. He takes a lot of showers plus has a sex scene with Purefoy's wife. He really has a great ass and is surprisingly ripped. Never would have guess that from The Killing.

He got jacked between seasons during The Killing. One season, he was skinny and geeky and the next season, he came back with muscles

First, I have to thank the OP for starting this thread. I’d never heard of this series and just binge watched it in two days. Wow !

Second, you would not know to look at him but Joe Kinnaman was born with a physical deformity, Pectus Excavatum, a sunken chest. He had surgery to correct the appearance when he got this role.

Here are details from IMDB.

Joel Kinnaman revealed that all his life he had suffered from a congenital deformity known as Pectus Excavatum which produces a sunken or caved in appearance of the chest and consequently he had always felt very embarrassed to take his shirt off for films or TV. Just before he got the lead role in this show, Kinnaman went through a surgery to repair his chest to lift it outwards to have proper normal shape. Combining that with his physical transformation for the role to achieve his best ever physical shape, he said he was incredibly proud to show off his new body in the show in numerous lengthy shirtless scenes. He said he was shirtless "all the time" and appears shirtless or partially nude in almost every single episode. He said, after getting in great shape, he had no objections to taking off his clothes an many times as the show-makers wanted.

More from IMDB on how he got into such incredible physical condition.

Joel Kinnaman said this is the most physically demanding role of his career. Kinnaman said it was his ambition to raise the bar for himself in terms of his physique and action scenes and take it to another level. So he trained for 3 to 5 hours daily for 6 months before filming begin working on various martial art routines to perfect his action sequences as well as bodybuilding, dieting and training in the gym to achieve the right aesthetic shape for his body. Kinnaman ended up achieving his best ever physique for the role packing on a lot of muscle for a sculpted intimidating appearance along with highly shredded six-pack abs to show during his numerous shirtless scenes. Kinnaman revealed that this show was more physically demanding than an action movie because for a movie he has to train for a couple of months and shoot his shirtless scenes in a couple of days and that's it. For this show he trained for six months and had to keep his physical shape throughout the lengthy 10 month shoot as he had to appear shirtless in almost every episode.

Joel Kinnaman had to go undergo 90 minutes of make-up every morning to cover up all his body tattoos.