New Cinema Facilities

LaffingBear
This topic is 2294 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

All of the theatres in my region have switched, or are switching, to recliner lounges. Very comfortable, more space, etc. I like them, but its odd to see how drastically its reduced each auditoriums' capacity. The smaller rooms at my local multiplex now hold only 48 viewers. Makes me wonder about sustainability of the business model.

Its now 100% assigned seating, which bogs down the ticket purchase process significantly. And, once seated, if noisy or smelly or ??? neighbors, no switching.

Mostly, positives outweigh negatives....

Today I went to our newest local theatre. All recliner.... no concession stands, all food 100% seat delivery. Every seat has a tray. You're handed a menu upon arrival. Full menus, with appetizers, entrees, burgers, etc.

I saw a 10 am show, not a very new release, in a suburban locale. Probably 10-12 total viewers. There was a constant stream of usher/waitstaff throughout the movie... taking orders, bringing food, bringing more food, and then refills. Distracting with only 3-4 couples ordering.... I can only imagine its very disturbing when the auditorium is full. Im not a fan of the food service....

Any other experiences with recent theatre changes?

Some theaters have adults only movies. Not adult movies. Just no kids allowed. Seems like a good idea, although there are plenty of adults that acts like children themselves.

Where?

I suspect thats illegal in many communities, although I personally wouldnt find it objectionable.

Are there any "no seniors who need to narrate the movie to each other" showings?

I haven't been to a theater yet that makes full use of the waiters - there's one here that claims to have seat-side service but I have no idea how to make an order, I never see anyone roaming around looking like a waiter.

But the trend of cocktails in theaters has severely impaired my ability to actually REMEMBER what a movie's about. I remember liking "Star Trek Beyond" more than the first two of the new cycle, but what actually happened? No clue. Had to wait until it came out on cable.

Where?

I suspect thats illegal in many communities, although I personally wouldnt find it objectionable.

Are there any "no seniors who need to narrate the movie to each other" showings?

I'm surprised you expect it's not legal.

There are airlines that have no children flights during the evening. I am no lawyer, but it all makes sense to me.

I'm surprised you expect it's not legal.

There are airlines that have no children flights during the evening. I am no lawyer, but it all makes sense to me.

I didnt say I think it doesnt make sense.... I'm just surprised its legal.

Are there US carriers with no children flights? I know some non-US carriers have no kid flights or child-free zones.