The Disaster Artist

poolboy48220
This topic is 2236 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For those of you who are fans of movies that are so bad they're good..."The Disaster Artist", based on the book about the making of "The Room" (called the Citizen Kane of bad movies) is out. James Franco plays Tommy Wiseau, the director/writer/producer/star of "The Room"; Dave Franco plays his friend Greg Sestero, the co-star and eventual Line Producer of the movie. Saw it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I do admit to kind of an obsession with "The Room" - on the surface, a simple romantic triangle story, a guy's fiance is cheating on him with his best friend - but it's unrelentingly (and unintentionally, I think) weird.

I saw it on Saturday. James Franco certainly shows the expanse of his acting skills playing the eccentric if not downright weird Tommy. His brother Dave plays Tommy's friend and co-producer. His acting skills are also superb. He is also great eye candy on the screen (especially when sporting a beard).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...