Please, just don't

GregM
This topic is 2379 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I found out today that a friend since high school committed suicide. Things can sometimes suck. The present might be dark. But there are always brighter days ahead. There is always at least one person who cares and will listen. I've had a few dark moments and yes I have thought about ending it but some how I always dug deep deeper than I thought I could and carried on. If you're in pain and need someone to talk to I will always lend an ear. ❤

I found out today that a friend since high school committed suicide. Things can sometimes suck. The present might be dark. But there are always brighter days ahead. There is always at least one person who cares and will listen. I've had a few dark moments and yes I have thought about ending it but some how I always dug deep deeper than I thought I could and carried on. If you're in pain and need someone to talk to I will always lend an ear. ❤

I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend... I lost a high school friend years ago which left me sad for a few days. Since then my life has had its ups and downs, and now years later I am thankful for staying strong. Thank you for extending a compassionate ear to listen to someone in need of being heard. All the best...

Thanks for sharing the video... It is heart wrenching and inspirational at the same time.

The noted lesbian author Jane Rule wrote about grief, that is particular to perhaps the older gay and lesbian community, after the death of her long term partner. I find it inspirational as well. GregM I hope you find it useful.

http://www.gordonbowness.com/jane-rule-of-grief.html

(Jane Rule was awarded the Order of Canada, by the Government of Canada, our highest civilian honour.)

Edited by P Gren

The noted lesbian author Jane Rule wrote about grief, that is particular to perhaps the older gay and lesbian community, after the death of her long term partner. I find it inspirational as well.

http://www.gordonbowness.com/jane-rule-of-grief.html

(Jane Rule was awarded the Order of Canada, by the Government of Canada, our highest civilian honour.)

Thanks for sharing this article too... Best!

And those caring people would be scarred for life if you went through with your plans. I think of my 90 year old mother when I’m tempted to end my life. It helps put things into perspective. Suicide can often be a selfish act. I think of my sister who sent her son to the market and upon his return he found her hanging from a light fixture. She knew this would happen. F**ked him up big time.

Shakespeare, Sonnet 30

When to the sessions of sweet silent thought

I summon up remembrance of things past,

I sigh the lack of many a thing I sought,

And with old woes new wail my dear time’s waste.

Then can I drown an eye unused to flow,

For precious friends hid in death’s dateless night,

And weep afresh love’s long since cancelled woe,

And moan th' expense of many a vanished sight.

Then can I grieve at grievances foregone,

And heavily from woe to woe tell o'er

The sad account of fore-bemoanèd moan,

Which I new pay as if not paid before.

  But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,

  All losses are restored, and sorrows end.