Any Anne Murray Fans?

BlueSky
This topic is 2355 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anne Murray is promoting a new collection of her music. She's been (happily) retired for about 10 years so it's fairly rare to see her do an interview. She reflects on her career and talks a little about what she's been up to lately:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/lisa-laflamme-talks-to-canadian-music-legend-anne-murray-1.3666387

Since Ms Murray has been out of the picture for a while, I'd completely forgotten about her although she was one of my favorite anchors while she was at NBC. It would be great if she resurfaced, if not for a long time, perhaps intermittently!

Wrong Ms Murray. Anne Murray is a Canadian singer out of Nova Scotia from the 60s - 80s. (Very popular in Jamaica apparently, which I always thought was odd.) KD Lang's album Ingenue was rumoured to have been written for Anne (denied by Lang ... it was for another married woman) including this song about her crush on Anne since KD was 9 years old:

Anne Murray is promoting a new collection of her music. She's been (happily) retired for about 10 years so it's fairly rare to see her do an interview. She reflects on her career and talks a little about what she's been up to lately:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/lisa-laflamme-talks-to-canadian-music-legend-anne-murray-1.3666387

Does it Come with a Case of LaBatts?

Wrong Ms Murray. Anne Murray is a Canadian singer out of Nova Scotia from the 60s - 80s. (Very popular in Jamaica apparently, which I always thought was odd.) KD Lang's album Ingenue was rumoured to have been written for Anne (denied by Lang ... it was for another married woman) including this song about her crush on Anne since KD was 9 years old:

I think they both have such beautifully smooth clear voices. And both Canadian. Goddamn, Canada. When are we going to get the wall we were promised? Keep those Canucks (not just the team) out of our country. Keep America great (by ourselves!).