Goodbye Matt Lauer....

jawjateck
This topic is 2191 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The adults in the room realize that not everything is black or white or that you can mete out the same punishment for every accusation. There are various degrees of impropriety and they have to be decided upon appropriately.

• First-Degree Murder
  • Second Degree Murder
  • Manslaughter
  • Justifiable homicide
  • Etc.

He speaks:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a1ec499e4b0d724fed54c8f?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

At least he takes some ownership of his situation (unlike Trump, Conyers, and Moore).

Of course his partial owning up changes nothing about how awful his actions are. His career is destroyed, his marriage likely finished, and he could face difficult relationships with his children. Not to mention the potential legal cases he will likely face. He deserves all of it.

Too little too late...Lauer is a hypocrite, and a sexual predator.

“There are no words to express my sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused others by words and actions.

To the people I have hurt, I am truly sorry. As I am writing this I realize the depth of the damage and disappointment I have left behind at home and at NBC.

Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed.

I regret that my shame is now shared by the people I cherish dearly.

Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul searching and I’m committed to beginning that effort.

It is now my full time job.

The last two days have forced me to take a very hard look at my own troubling flaws.

It’s been humbling. I am blessed to be surrounded by the people I love. I thank them for their patience and grace.”

Edited by bigvalboy

I was just thinking that Howard Stern, who for many years while he built his empire was dismissed as the ultimate low-life sleazeball sexual deviant by mainstream America, will probably be the one celeb who WON'T be brought done by this. His sleaze factor was always 100% out in the open, and his dirty little secret was that underneath it all he was a moral, straight laced family man.

I'd bet on Limbaugh or Hannity going down before Stern. Fingers crossed!

I just had this conversation that Stern has always been labeled by those who don't listen to him. As a fan of his I think he's as moral a man in the media that there is. Oh please don't let me eat my words.

I think Lauer was trying to live up to his reputation for being a Hot, Sexy ladies man. Personally I dont see it. For me, he was always "much hype about nada".... If his acusers are some of those ladies who may have "fawned" over him and pushed THEIR affections, the case takes on a whole new dimension. Has Lauer spoken yet ?

That statement makes me dislike Pervy Lauer even more. The only thing I would believe as real or sincere is something more like:

" 'I'm so sorry' would be a hollow expression at this point. I am corrupt and depraved. I deserve all the consequences I will face because of my actions. I harmed many people. The accusations against me are true. I have been rightly exposed as a sexual predator. I will be taking time away now in private to soul-search and see if I have any role in a civil society."

Of course, his attorney would never allow such a statement, but that's what contrition looks like.

Too little too late...Lauer is a hypocrite, a sexual predator.

“There are no words to express my sorrow and regret for the pain I have caused others by words and actions.

To the people I have hurt, I am truly sorry. As I am writing this I realize the depth of the damage and disappointment I have left behind at home and at NBC.

Some of what is being said about me is untrue or mischaracterized, but there is enough truth in these stories to make me feel embarrassed and ashamed.

I regret that my shame is now shared by the people I cherish dearly.

Repairing the damage will take a lot of time and soul searching and I’m committed to beginning that effort.

It is now my full time job.

The last two days have forced me to take a very hard look at my own troubling flaws.

It’s been humbling. I am blessed to be surrounded by the people I love. I thank them for their patience and grace.”

“When you're a star, you can do anything.“ At least for a while.

I think Lauer was trying to live up to his reputation for being a Hot, Sexy ladies man. Personally I dont see it. For me, he was always "much hype about nada".... If his acusers are some of those ladies who may have "fawned" over him and pushed THEIR affections, the case takes on a whole new dimension. Has Lauer spoken yet ?

Yeah, NBC News, Variety, NYT, etc., just publish and air accusations. No corroboration, no cross checking, no verification. They’re stenographers, really, just like those bitter “ladies” who no doubt pushed themselves into Lauer’s pants, got rejected and called the press, who typed up what they had to say. You are very insightful.

Yeah, NBC News, Variety, NYT, etc., just publish and air accusations. No corroboration, no cross checking, no verification. They’re stenographers, really, just like those bitter “ladies” who no doubt pushed themselves into Lauer’s pants, got rejected and called the press, who typed up what they had to say. You are very insightful.

What a twisted view you have. Let’s go back to reality. ...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/29/brent-bozell-matt-lauer-and-sexual-harassment-hypocrisy.html

"In a way Matt Lauer's no different from Al Franken, or Harvey Weinstein, or Charlie Rose, or Bill Clinton, or Garrison Keillor or all those other liberals who publicly champion the rights of women at every opportunity while looking for every opportunity privately to torment them."

It's interesting that even the conservatives are not fighting back ....... against the women. What they are mainly focusing on is that liberals are just as bad, if not worse. Which given the cast of characters is actually a fact fact - not an alternative fact.

How refreshing!

It's interesting to see culture change this quickly. It will take years or decades for the dust to settle, but the big guys sure do fall fast, don't they?

New York Times

WELLINGTON, New Zealand — The ripples from the firing of Matt Lauer as the co-host of the “Today” morning news show have hit the world of New Zealand property, where officials are already scrutinizing the role of foreign buyers in an increasingly expensive market.

A New Zealand government agency said on Thursday that it was in discussions with Mr. Lauer’s representative over his purchase of a 16,000-acre farm there. Foreigners must pass a good-character test to be allowed to buy New Zealand land, and while Mr. Lauer’s purchase was approved earlier this year, the country’s Overseas Investment Office is revisiting his case in light of his firing.

Officials from that agency “are seeking further information,” said Lisa Barrett, a spokeswoman for the agency. The agency can require buyers to dispose of the property if it believes the rules have been violated.

NBC on Wednesday said it fired Mr. Lauer from “Today” following an allegation of sexual harassment, making him the latest major media figure to fall from grace amid a broad examination in the United States of inappropriate sexual behavior in the worlds of media and entertainment. Mr. Lauer, a well-known face on morning television in the United States, had been a co-host at “Today” for two decades.

Comment: Lauer might consider selling the New Zealand property, which is likely on the southern island somewhat near Christchurch. Perhaps it was part of his "escape" plan. :oops:

Oh Kenny, take a break. I never said I doubt the accusations, but I question whether Lauer is 100% at fault ? No, I am not victim blaming, just saying it could take 2 to tango considering Lauers "hot property" status.

. . . . I never said I doubt the accusations, but I question whether Lauer is 100% at fault ? No, I am not victim blaming, just saying it could take 2 to tango considering Lauers "hot property" status.

I worked in the legal system for many years and the one thing that I learned is that people always see things in different ways. That is why there is fact finding and due process. For the law there are courts in which judges and juries hear the evidence and decide what happened. In the private sector there are going to have to be a complete revamping of human relations departments (if they don't already have it) so that there are committees and hearings that administer due process. It is going to take some time and a lot of money because many businesses (large and small) don't even have human relations departments. So I also think that some of what the women are saying is their interpretation of a situation but a LOT is simply powerful men taking advantage of their power. And now the chickens have come home to roost.

Edited by TruthBTold