Have you ever hired against forum's intel and were pleasantly surprised?

7829V
This topic is 2317 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest InthePines

Sure. I think it accounts for personal preference. In turn, I've read some great reviews only to hire the masseur and be really disappointed.

I've also hired several guys repeatedly and some occasions are better than others. They're human and factors that we all experience, (fatigue, burn out, concentration issues), often come into play with their performance.

Sure. I think it accounts for personal preference. In turn, I've read some great reviews only to hire the masseur and be really disappointed.

I've also hired several guys repeatedly and some occasions are better than others. They're human and factors that we all experience, (fatigue, burn out, concentration issues), often come into play with their performance.

You are right. I remember I hired a guy with great reviews here in the forums... and I didn't enjoy my session. :( Was not bad, but was not all that great as I was expecting based on the comments here.

You are right. I remember I hired a guy with great reviews here in the forums... and I didn't enjoy my session. :( Was not bad, but was not all that great as I was expecting based on the comments here.

Agreed. I tend to not like the guys that most people here rave about. I'm not sure why that is, but I suppose they just don't live up to the expectations set up by all the raves.

Totally agree - the human factor will always play a role; your personal preferences vs the hire having an off day. I have held off on hiring based on reviews here on the forum. I've had some hires that were reviewed post hire with bad reviews, even though I had a great experience. In some cases these were/are repeat hires and that also makes a difference.

Agreed. I tend to not like the guys that most people here rave about. I'm not sure why that is, but I suppose they just don't live up to the expectations set up by all the raves.

Same here. I have had mediocre sessions from masseurs people have raved about here. And also the opposite. Some fantastic sessions from masseurs that have had negative comments here. That is why I am always open to try a masseur that might not have the best buzz about them. If they appeal to me from their ad, the way they present themselves, I go with my own instinct and give them a try, regardless of what others have said about them. The majority of the time the massage session has worked out great!

• 1 month later...
Guest InthePines
Same here. I have had mediocre sessions from masseurs people have raved about here. And also the opposite. Some fantastic sessions from masseurs that have had negative comments here. That is why I am always open to try a masseur that might not have the best buzz about them. If they appeal to me from their ad, the way they present themselves, I go with my own instinct and give them a try, regardless of what others have said about them. The majority of the time the massage session has worked out great!

I'm also concluding that Geography has a hugh influence as to the opinion of masseurs as well. If you live or travel to the more popular market, (Los Angeles or New Your for example), availability, competition and expectation of providers is greater than say anywhere in the South or Mid-West. It's easy to track on this site, especially with masseurs who travel throughout the US, for while they're raved about when they visit the smaller markets, they're often not received nearly as well when they visit the larger, primary markets.

The problem is that you can not predict chemistry on one hand, and on the other we just like and look after different things.

I have actively participated in the forums for about 3 to 4 years now. This tenure gave me the chance to develop a few friendships/acquaintances here and share some of our hires. Those guys opinions are the ones I look after, I know we have hired before the same guys and we have had similar experiences.

To answer the OP question, it has happened to me only once. I publicly announced here that someone was in my To Do List for the year and immediately had a wave of negative feedback. However, I had a great time with the guy.

This is a good post. As was said earlier, the recommendations on this forum are so helpful. But, there is so much more that drives me to choose. For example I use a masseur regularly who got terrible reviews here. Similarly, I've had other masseurs that got raves and I found just so-so. It's like Yelp reviews of restaurants! Mostly I have steered clear of masseurs who got bad reviews and I had not tried. I rarely try someone who gets a terrible review from many on the forum. Mostly, this forum has been helpful and I try to contribute as much as I can. What I never do is post BS. Everything I post is authentic from my experience.

I've come to believe that positive surprises with masseurs happen, but almost never. I think this is a mathematical term for something that has zero probability but can still happen, at least in theory :-)

As a general rule, everything, from pictures to the other info on the masseur's site, is going to be not as good as it seems. Also, given the personal preferences, chemistry, and regional differences mentioned above, it's hugely important to read between the lines and take all this into account when going by recommendations here. Of course, this is a great site and comments are hugely useful, but they are not perfect and do not provide insurance against disappointment. Far from it. OK, masseurfinder comments are pretty much all garbage, but let's not even talk about those.

I even had instances when I was given a factually wrong info on a masseur in a private message here. It's one thing to have preferences, different chemistry, or be used to a less competitive market, but this was a whole different thing. So I'd advise being careful especially about comments from someone who appears "too gaga" about a masseur, it could be love, it could be a desire to promote them, or it could be them?

So, in summary, no positive surprises here, and I've even had some negative experiences when the feedback here was good :-(

No, I’ve never been happily suprised following bad reviews here.

Of course, the opposite has occurred.

I’d take it even one step further and say I’ve had negative

experiences with guys that I have previously raved about.

Blame it on the phases of the fickle moon......

Edited by nycman

I will say that I have hired people recommended here and had better experiences than I expected and also had some worse that expected. Like others said, I think chemistry has a lot to do with it. And I may give off bad vibes at times due to fear of a stranger touching me or my being shy or a little insecure. I'll take partial blame.