Charles Manson has died of Natural Causes

WilliamM
This topic is 2368 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Helter Skelter.

The tragic celebrity murder overshadowed so much. It’s mostly forgotten now that Manson, a white supremacist who carved a swastika in his forehead, was determined to start a race war that would put him in a leadership position. Helter Skelter has disappeared down the memory hole, where so much of America’s racist history has gone.

http://www.newsweek.com/charles-manson-what-was-helter-skelter-race-war-plan-716625

Edited by Kenny

I feel sorry for the taxpayers who had to foot the bill for his long life in prison. If ever there was a justification for the death penalty, Manson's crime demanded it.

You are merely repeating a revenge-driven myth.

Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population. There are 714 inmates on California's death row.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

Helter Skelter.

The tragic celebrity murder overshadowed so much. It’s mostly forgotten now that Manson, a white supremacist who carved a swastika in his forehead, was determined to start a race war that would put him in a leadership position. Helter Skelter has disappeared down the memory hole, where so much of America’s racist history has gone.

http://www.newsweek.com/charles-manson-what-was-helter-skelter-race-war-plan-716625

I remember. And at least one fictionalized version (the TV show Aquarius) was clear about Manson's white supremacist paranoia.

And pregnant.

Washington Post November 20, 2017

Sharon Tate begged for more time. The 26-year-old was due to give birth to a son in two weeks and pleaded, “Please don’t kill me. I just want to have my baby.” One of Charles Manson’s followers then stabbed the actress 16 times, and with a towel dipped in her blood, wrote “PIG” on her front door.

Fifteen years after her daughter’s death, Doris Tate conjured that futile plea as she sat across from a Manson Family member convicted of killing Tate and four others at the star’s home on Aug. 9, 1969.

“What mercy, sir, did you show my daughter when she was begging for her life?” Doris Tate asked Charles “Tex” Watson during his 1984 parole hearing. “When will I come up for parole? Can you tell me that? Will the seven victims and possibly more walk out of their graves if you get parole?”

They also murdered them in a particularly brutal fashion; one of them they actually chased Abigail Folger her out onto the grass and and stabbed her. At the time, she was some random heiress. Today, she would be a big Instagram personality.

She supposedly said something like "You can stop now, I'm already dead"

Death penalty advocacy is the height of arrogance and pride, as it presumes human beings are perfect in their decisions. No humility.

If a person is going to keep raping, killing, enslaving and murdering until he is put down, then he should be gone.

http://www.newser.com/story/239417/un-ethnic-cleansing-famine-mass-rape-rampant-in-south-sudan.html

Arrogant, here. Being human is no excuse for torture.

Cute avatar. Is it meant to be ironic?

What other constitutional rights are you ready to do without besides the right to a fair trial and due process?

IMO, there are certain cases where the "right to a fair trial and due process" should be eliminated. Manson is such a case. I shudder when I think of the tax payer money that was wasted on this very demented man.

IMO, there are certain cases where the "right to a fair trial and due process" should be eliminated. Manson is such a case. I shudder when I think of the tax payer money that was wasted on this very demented man.

Civilized people and civilized Countries believe in and value the rule of law - Due Process - Presumption of Innocence - Right to Face Their Accusers - Right to Legal Representation Etc.

Simply taking the presumption that someone (As they say in Texas) Deserves Killing -- Is just the world that Manson preached and wanted. Because, that was exactly what Manson did - He Deemed that the people who were killed by his followers deserved killing for being rich and famous.

Our laws and our beliefs in those laws are what separate us as the Civilized from the Mansons/Hitlers/KinJunUns/Shahs of Iran/Noriegas/Putins/ and doing the balancing act on the line the Trumps of this world.