God's Own Country

WilliamM

• 7 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 2:52 AM, alrajee said:

While everyone was swooning over Call Me By Your Name (rightly so), I was falling in love with this movie. Beautifully shot and the actors had great presences.

I particularly like that it's a love story. It did not follow the "I'm realizing that I'm gay" trope with many LGBT blockbusters.

I loved this about the movie as well… I was feeling the vibe of two men developing a meaningful relationship built on trust and honest affection as well as attraction ~ From that, their emotional maturity grows and a mutual love develops~  
 Much more impressive, (and relative for me personally), as opposed to big screen shock value sensationalized profit driven gay themed sex scene that gay movies tend to thrive on~  

On 2/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, samhexum said:

I watched the movie again and there's no indication Gheorghe is an alcoholic.  When he has his first meal at the farm he's offered a drink (or to go to the pub) but said no thanks.  When he & Johnny do go to the pub, Johnny gets buzzed, but Gheorghe nurses his drink and doesn't even finish half of it.

I know this pic was used in all the advertising, but I don't recall a corresponding scene in the movie:

wk-godown1110-5.jpg?uuid=_B3U-sMtEeev6U9gtabEoA

Was this the scene where they sat down in a field to contemplate where they'd go for their next drink?

All kidding aside - a very well-acted movie, and I still think O'Connor was the perfect choice to play the young Prince Charles in The Crown.  He did a great job in that too.

• 8 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 5:59 PM, samhexum said:

I read that this was the first English-speaking role for the actor that played Gheorghe, which is amazing, since he was by far the easiest to understand of all the actors in the film.   

One question...  how did he manage to keep his facial stubble so perfectly sexy out there in the fields?

On 2/15/2022 at 3:33 AM, MscleLovr said:

When you see the movie @samhexum you’ll realise that there are few entertainments in deepest rural England. So stubble-perfection becomes a cultural pursuit.

On 2/22/2022 at 1:43 AM, samhexum said:

I wanted to see more of Gheorghe...  the first shot of the movie is a close up of his clean-shaven face, then we quickly see him shaving... Just as I was saying to myself that he looks better with facial hair, he wakes up from a dream with facial hair that appeared fuller & thicker than in GOC, which proves he WAS contouring out in the fields.

Clean-shaven Alec Secareanu is in SPY/MASTER, a six part series on HBO that ain't bad.

'Spy/Master' review: An enthralling Cold War thriller

So. Much. Suspense.

hero-image.fill.size_1248x702.v168435612

Edited by samhexum
because he's bored as hell