Advice to Masseurs - if they want more regulars

This topic is 1854 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 months later...

This is a great thread!

I recently booked a session with a masseur I really wanted to see. He was gorgeous and just what’s I wanted. We arranged an hour session with “extras” for $200. He is a licensed massage therapist and the session started well, but quickly grew more intense. REALLY intense. I climaxed after what felt like a short time, and I thought the massage would continue. It didn’t, and I got dressed and paid the fee, and then realized my sixth minute massage was done and I was on the street headed home in forty minutes! Not cool. And very disappointing.

Guest InthePines

I say keep the professional relationship professional. While this requires as much acceptance of blame as casting, over a period of time and multiple sessions, it's often easy to enter into some degree each other's social arena and personal lives. That said, it should come as no surprise, and yet it does, when even the best masseurs begin to relax their standards by arriving late, ill-prepared and omitting details to their service that awarded them their elevated status. Again, this works equally against client and masseur, for it's a loss to both.

• 4 months later...

Here's my tip for masseurs who want repeat business, at least from me: Yes, the time is absolutely important (I usually book for 90 minutes and I hate it when I realize it was just barely over an hour). As for the massage itself, I love it when a masseur will make and hold eye contact during the massage, especially during the more sensual or erotic portions. It makes for a very connected experience and makes the whole thing feel less sordid if that makes sense. If we can look each other in the eyes, then there is nothing shameful about what either of us is doing, it feels healing and spiritual almost as opposed to just feeling good as a touch, etc. So that's big for me. Also...just be friendly. I'm always friendly and chat a bit while we're getting undressed and that goes a long way when the masseur responds in kind. I mean, we're about to be engaged in what feels like a very intimate experience where I am naked and letting you touch me all over and often in my own apartment, so...let's be kind to each other and engage with every part of ourselves during this time. The masseurs who have behaved this way are unforgettable.

-shorting time

-moving to release too soon

-thinking that release means it’s over

-too much chatting during

- texting - we know it’s happening no matter how sly you think you are

-leaving the room without explanation

-if we agree on mutual nudity beforehand, don’t make me have to remind you once I’m there

-playing music from your phone

-baby oil

-up charging during. I’m upfront with what I expect, and you agreed, anything more is your choice and should be included

-asking for fee up front

Edited by Bluefin

One big turnoff for me, which has backfired every time, is the sudden, late-night text message practically begging me to purchase a package of X number of massages. Obviously, Mr. Masseur is having a cash-flow problem and has gotten himself into a financial bind of some sort, and my bleeding-heart liberal self is fool enough to fall for this and bails him out. What I get in return for my wad of cash is a series of increasingly lackluster massage sessions that eventually feel so boring that I don't even bother to redeem my last one or two.

I haven't had many instances of a session starting late or ending too early...but I have had a couple masseurs who smelled like they just came from Korean BBQ or The Stinking Rose. Ick.

I once had a session and upon walking into the apartment was greeted with an overpowering smell of recently cooked food. Masseur apologized and quickly lit a couple candles, but it did no good. He then proceeded to burp throughout the first half of the session. Another ick.

Also, please have a clean space if you are hosting. I don't mind a little mess and being unorganized...but at least keep the table, sheets, and bathroom in good shape. Nothing worse than laying face down and seeing a stained, dirty rug or carpet or rinsing off in a moldy shower.

Don't turn your client into your therapist.

I've had more than a handful of masseurs, after I have been going to them for a while, start to overshare about their life problems: money, sex, health, love, family.

I'm sorry. It isn't because I don't care, but I am on your table to receive therapy, not give it.

I used to get this from dancers at the club. After I'd gotten to know them, times just sitting on the patio chatting would turn into a litany of their current problems. I don't come out to the bar to hear that. Especially if the problems involve the dancer's girlfriends.

Oh, God, yes! The dancers, too.