I love a good pun...

samhexum

Posted (edited)

One Iowa high school student thought of a moo-ving way to ask her boyfriend to prom.

Late last month, Emma Lihs, a junior at Bondurant-Farrar, asked her boyfriend Wyatt Carlson, a senior at Dowling Catholic, to the annual event by writing "prom?" on the side of her pet cow.

"It was awesome," Carlson tells PEOPLE of Lihs' creative promposal. "I live in the city but have always loved agriculture and livestock, and she knew that."

"I was shocked to say the least. It was awesome and of course I said yes," he adds. "Having a cow in your front yard is pretty uncommon, but always welcome."

According to Lihs, coming up with the idea to write "prom?" in white chalk on the side of her beloved pet cow — named Fern — was a no-brainer.

"You can say Fern and I share Wyatt. I’m pretty convinced she likes him more than me. She was totally on board to get dressed up to surprise our boyfriend," Lihs jokingly adds.

Carlson later returned the favor to his girlfriend not long after when he brought a horse to her house to ask her to prom at his school, holding up a sign that read: "I am not horsin' around this time, join this cowboy at prom!"

When the couple's events take place later this month, Carlson tells PEOPLE that he will be wearing a dark navy tuxedo with black accents and a bow tie to Lihs' prom, while she will wear a red sparkly dress with black heels.

During Lihs' prom, she will then wear a black sparkly dress and cheetah-print heels, while Carlson will be wearing all black with a cheetah-print sport coat.

Carlson tells PEOPLE that he and girlfriend Lihs met through the National FFA Organization, which is a nonprofit career and technical student organization that teaches agricultural education to middle and high schoolers.

"He was a 2023-2024 officer, and I am now a 2024-2025 district officer," Lihs says, noting: "Wyatt and I honestly just clicked right off the bat and have been loving every moment since."

"We have a common love for agriculture and growing the community," Carlson adds. "We both are outgoing and love to try new things."

As for their future plans, Carlson says he and Lihs will be continuing to focus on all things animal-related. "We will be showing cow calf together at the county fair," he tells PEOPLE.

WHAT SOUNDS LIKE A LINK TO A SITE ABOUT NAKED ASSES (OR DRUGS), BUT ISN'T?

https://tpc.googlesyndication.com/simgad/11494351241788440782?sqp=4sqPyQQrQikqJwhfEAEdAAC0QiABKAEwCTgDQPCTCUgAUAFYAWBfcAJ4AcUBLbKdPg&rs=AOga4qlx_7Q2kZBf5XxHrC47I4J67-LK5Q

11494351241788440782?sqp=4sqPyQQrQikqJwh

Edited by samhexum
because he's bored as hell