What Advice Would You Give This Guy?

quoththeraven
This topic is 2427 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Man who works from home office pees in bottles during work day while on conference calls, hides/stores urine-filled bottles in attic, where he also hides/stores cum-soaked dress shirts from whacking off in his office. (I may not have the last part exactly right, but it's close.)

Wife finds all of this while helping friend by temporarily storing some of the friend's belongings in the attic, is appalled, wants a divorce. What do you tell him?

Details here:

I'm involved in a discussion of this on Twitter, but all the participants in that discussion are women. I wondered what a group of men might say about this.

Man who works from home office pees in bottles during work day while on conference calls, hides/stores urine-filled bottles in attic, where he also hides/stores cum-soaked dress shirts from whacking off in his office. (I may not have the last part exactly right, but it's close.)

Wife finds all of this while helping friend by temporarily storing some of the friend's belongings in the attic, is appalled, wants a divorce. What do you tell him?

Details here:

I'm involved in a discussion of this on Twitter, but all the participants in that discussion are women. I wondered what a group of men might say about this.

It would depend on how long his fingernails are...

Details here:

I'll say that I work from my home. If I happen to be on a conference call - and due to my project involvement - my input is not constantly needed .

If I need to pee I select an opportune time and put the phone on mute and whizz away.

(Sorry about the discovery of the cum-soaked dress shirts.) I'm much more a Kleenex guy these days.

Why would you be involved in a discussion about this?

Because a friend of mine retweeted the Reddit link above with commentary and it ballooned from there.

Pretty much like gossip except about people we don't know. How is it any more bizarre than some of the other stuff that gets posted here?

(I was less surprised and more blase about it than my friends, but his astonishment at his wife's reaction seems odd.)

I'll say that I work from my home. If I happen to be on a conference call - and due to my project involvement - my input is not constantly needed .

If I need to pee I select an opportune time and put the phone on mute and whizz away.

(Sorry about the discovery of the cum-soaked dress shirts.) I'm much more a Kleenex guy these days.

That answers a question I had about how he covers up the sound of urinating into a bottle while he's on a call.

I had almost the same question.

Why would anyone engage in an online discussion of someone obviously in need of help? What's the attraction?

I would understand friends and relations privately discussing an intervention. Or even expressing their dismay.

Anything else is just lurid entertainment, reminiscent of carnival freak shows

Wife should buy him a phone that can be muted and works in the bathroom. She should send the shirts to be cleaned. She should arrange for a full psych exam with blood panels and imaging studies looking for signs of dementia and other neurological changes. This is nothing to get divorced over. At worst, it's early manifestations of a serious illness."In sickness and in health..."

What do you tell him?

I'd tell him:

1) This is no reason to ask for a divorce. Simply put: you married a bitch. Some woman are, more than its politically correct to say. But I suspect you knew she was, so keep listening.

2) You initially started this cause when you meet for 3-4 hour conference calls with your Asian clients who you report can't even fathom or tolerate asking for a 3 min bathroom break halfway thru (I call BS on this- Asians need to urinate, too). Grow a pair and inform these idiots you are taking a potty break. If they don't like it and no longer use your services, think "screw them" and be glad. Jerks like those don't deserve your services.

3) You lazy. Work on that issue.

4) Did you do this in hopes your uppity wife would find your bottles and divorce you? Congrats if you did. Now go find a non-uppity (non-bitchy) new wife. Please work on #2 & #3 above so you don't have to passive-aggressively address serious marriage issues in such a stupid fashion. It's just unnecessary.

She's taking a break from Kessler. Can you blame her?

Because a friend of mine retweeted the Reddit link above with commentary and it ballooned from there.

Oh, I see ... well, if you say so, QTR ... but nice that you get the added benefit of a break from Kessler, right?

How is it any more bizarre than some of the other stuff that gets posted here?.

An excellent point. For example ... well, I shouldn't keep repeating myself ...

She's taking a break from Kessler. Can you blame her?

Oh, I see ... well, if you say so, QTR ... but nice that you get the added benefit of a break from Kessler, right?

An excellent point. For example ... well, I shouldn't keep repeating myself ...

Also a break from the political forum in general.

Archived