Best spa in Vegas?

Jamesryan

Caesar's spa Qua is now looking a little old. It's not the biggest or best in LA anymore.

If you want intimate, but beautiful with great service: Mandarin Oriental.

Large, but great facilities and well-trained therapists: Encore at Wynn Spa.

A fun Korean-inspired adventure, just off the strip: Imperial Health Spa.

Mirage is nice but not very big. Mandalay Bay is bigger but not quite as nice as it used to be. But it's hopping in terms of people there who seem to be looking for action.

But I'm not talking about the therapists there. I have not had anything but a legit massage at those spas, or Qua for that matter. Last time I had any hint of an extra at a Strip spa was 15 years ago at Luxor when I was young and the therapist was young and I don't think he was there much longer after that so I'm guessing he got himself fired. They're pretty ridiculous about heavy draping at most of those places now, covering you in a sheet plus a blanket and only uncovering the precise area they are working on.

• 3 months later...
Mirage is nice but not very big. Mandalay Bay is bigger but not quite as nice as it used to be. But it's hopping in terms of people there who seem to be looking for action.

But I'm not talking about the therapists there. I have not had anything but a legit massage at those spas, or Qua for that matter. Last time I had any hint of an extra at a Strip spa was 15 years ago at Luxor when I was young and the therapist was young and I don't think he was there much longer after that so I'm guessing he got himself fired. They're pretty ridiculous about heavy draping at most of those places now, covering you in a sheet plus a blanket and only uncovering the precise area they are working on.

Mandalay Bay is by far the cruisy-ist on the strip and I have seen things in the steam rooms/ saunas that you would never see in other spas. (dear lord)

#Sniper, We must have been at the Luxor Spa around the same time. It was like a bath house and not no tried to hide it. Even the massage therapists know what the scene was and it was the first time I was massaged without a drape. It was my very first experience in a "spa" and I was shocked. Doubt it is that way now, this was 20 years ago.

Edited by samK

Mandalay Bay is by far the cruisy-ist on the strip and I have seen things in the steam rooms/ saunas that you would never see in other spas. (dear lord)

#Sniper, We must have been at the Luxor Spa around the same time. It was like a bath house and not no tried to hide it. Even the massage therapists know what the scene was and it was the first time I was massaged without a drape. It was my very first experience in a "spa" and I was shocked/ excited. Doubt it is that way now. (but would love to know differently)

Definitely not. It wasn't much later than that happened that they stopped being open 24/7 and also suddenly the masseurs were fully draping. They even redid the steamroom taking out a corner people could tuck away in and not be too visible from the door. And redid the shower doors - previously there were double doors that went all the way to the floor and between the two of them were opaque enough that guys would occasionally double up in the shower and get away with it. Then they took out the inside door and made the outside door smaller and clearer.

It's not Vegas, but I had the best scrub down yesterday at King's Spa in Dallas.

Not for the timid (naked, no draping, out in the open), but damn they're thorough: He literally picked up (and placed aside) my dick and balls to scrub my inner legs. Researching a little about Kspa culture, you find that this kind of manhandling is not abnormal. The service also included a body shampoo and a massage. Was fantastic.

Vegas: I still think Mandarin has the best therapists. It's always quiet. They're also the only spa on the strip that offers a private hammam service.

Mandalay Bay is by far the cruisy-ist on the strip and I have seen things in the steam rooms/ saunas that you would never see in other spas. (dear lord

+1 on Mandalay’s Spa, although I will admit I have not visited in over 2 years. Last time was eye opening. Still double shower doors there? Anyone? Was always easy to drape towels over the shower doors.

+1 on Mandalay’s Spa, although I will admit I have not visited in over 2 years. Last time was eye opening. Still double shower doors there? Anyone? Was always easy to drape towels over the shower doors.

Still double doors but don't think you're fooling anyone. The towels aren't so long that you can't see that there are four legs...

I go to Vegas pretty often.

I checked out Qua and agree the facilities are starting to feel a little dated, but still are perfectly acceptable. Moderately cruisy but I felt a lot of "no Asians" energy there -- guys would get up and leave any time I entered the sauna, steam room etc. (even upon my first entry and I didn't look at them/minded my own business). It got really persistent and annoying so I left.

As others have said, you have to be a guest at Mandalay to use the spa, but I think security will surely be heightened there since the tragic massacre. I might steer clear for awhile.

I stayed at the Tropicana and they had a surprisingly modern men's locker room with sauna that I think guys could discreetly play in. There were very attractive guys working out while I was there but I got a straight vibe from them.

Strangely enough, the spa at Excalibur isn't bad either. You can get cheap day passes. This older guy cruised me in the steam room but I wasn't interested; I actually worried he would have a health emergency if he stayed in there too long. Later that same trip, I sat across from a Polynesian guy who looked a bit like The Rock. He dropped his towel and we had some fun. The locker room attendant was very attractive and tatted but straight.

Finally, I have to talk about imperial spa. It never fails to have action but they've cracked down in the sleeping room. Guys must wear shorts in there, an attendant actually stopped me and told me I couldn't go in with just a towel. The previous visit I had seen the hottest orgy ever in there, with a guy with an enormous double digit endowment getting serviced by several guys. And then in the other steamroom was a Joe Maganiello lookalike.

A lot of performers go there so they are very fit. Even on the women's side my girlfriend said there were super fit and beautiful girls there. Just be discreet and play in the steam rooms and you should be fine.

I used the spa at The Linq last time I was in Vegas. It was nice, modern and clean, but other than the employees, I was the only one there.

I think the hookup apps have killed a lot of the action in spas, plus also I think most of the younger guys are just shyer in general/unsure what to do. I got a Grindr message from a blank profile once saying "so are you going back to the spa later?" from a young guy who was too shy to do anything there. So I met him at his room.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Luxor spa was mostly dead and as others have noted Mandalay is under renovation.

Lots of nasty racist dudes at Imperial Spa as well.

Ironic because at least two of them had Asian tattoos, including one with Asian calligraphy going down both his calves.

Felt really really unwelcome there -- note I didn't engage with these guys in any way but they continually got up and left right when I entered, and glared and had general hostility.

• 1 year later...

I visit Las Vegas couple of times a year for work purpose. I tried the spas in Caesar, Aria and Wynn.

I liked the Wynn, it was much better and than others.

There were hot guys hanging out but you can’t tell if it’s cruising.

When I went to the sauna, that’s where I found the real action.

Later, I hooked up with couple of guys who were staying at Planet Hollywood. It was an amazing experience. Still have great memories.

Heading there in first week of June. Would highly appreciate any good recommendations.

Update on the K-spa in Vegas, Imperial Spa:

Under new ownership and they're letting the place go to hell. Rarely has hot water. Dirty steamroom. Having to rely on a lot of Grouponing to stay afloat. On the plus side, it's basically a gay bathhouse on the men's side. Play is out in the open. Staff doesn't seem to stop it or really care.