A suggestion

Greathands
This topic is 6893 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Deej: don't be dumb, thanks.

Deej: no brainer. Easy easy easy to find info based on what has been posted here. Easy easy search. In fact, I recall copies of the obit being posted here and up for hours if not days during the funeral time.

There is no lack of chicanery here at every single level and you know it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deej, the obituary was circulating among various members of this board almost immediately after Hooboy's death. There was no need for any malicious leaking of info by anyone on here or the other site, because googling, as joel says, did it all--a fact which should probably give all of us pause....

So, lacking their closure of

>this site, what business do you or I have in seeking details

>of his estate?

Except in very unusual cases, the records of the probate process for any given decedent are always public records in every state in the Union. Why is that so? What business does anyone outside the decedent's family have to look at the details of his estate? Simple. Because those involved in the probate process know that their actions will be a matter of public record, they have an incentive to avoid doing anything improper.

I think a better question is, why are so many people anxious that information about our late founder should NOT be disclosed? If it's about not revealing information that could be embarrassing to his family, I have a problem understanding how it is that his family are going to accept the monetary rewards of ownership of this site but at the same time be embarrassed to have anyone find out about his (or their) connection with it.

>I think a better question is, why are so many people anxious that information about our late founder should NOT be disclosed?

That IS an interesting question that I haven't considered with regard to his estate. I've never had an interest in knowing the details and have just assumed it's none of my business.

But, like you said, it is (or should be) a matter of public record. It's not something I think needs to be posted here. IMHO that's not what HooBoy would want.

There are lots of things about me that are a matter of public record. I just wouldn't want them published on the internet. I just "assumed" HooBoy had similar feeings.

Do you believe there are more sinister things going on than trying to respect privacy?

>There are lots of things about me that are a matter of public

>record. I just wouldn't want them published on the internet.

Don't look now, but that is exactly where more and more public records are to be found.

> I

>just "assumed" HooBoy had similar feeings.

I don't know. And I doubt whether he ever discussed the issue with any of the people who are now showing up on this board and purporting to speak for him about it.

>Do you believe there are more sinister things going on than

>trying to respect privacy?

Let's just say in that in my experience when people try to suppress the publication of information but can't seem to come up with a reason for doing it that makes sense, it's because they don't want the real reason for their actions to be known.

I know nothing about Hooboy except what has been posted on this and the other board by other persons. I suppose I could have found out whatever there was to know about him a long time ago, but I never had enough interest to take any trouble over the matter. The only thing that sparks my interest now is that so many people seem so emphatic about the need to prevent members of this site from finding out anything. It's just another example of the fact that by behaving in a high-handed manner people associated with this site manage to stir up far more trouble than would ever exist otherwise.

Archived