The Beginning of The End for Backpage?

BasketBaller
This topic is 2496 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It is very difficult for me to equate the fight against Backpage with the seizure of Rentboy. Rentboy, to the best of anyone's knowledge, wasn't enabling the pimping out of kids. In fact, years ago there was an ad that had the words "teen" and "teenager" all over it. After reporting the ad it was gone. Backpage, however, appears to be a completely different story.

Just saw this posted on Backpage Tampa along with photos of the alleged assailant:

Caution 22 y/o Assaulted me - 22

Posted: Monday, July 17, 2017 8:43 PM

This punk came over and pretended to be into me then....

Placed me in a Choke Hold until I passed out. When I came too my Wallet and cash was missing!!!

Could have killer me!

Poster's age: 22

Always wondered how they made money not charging for ads. Did not know they did charge for the "dating" ads and surprised at their revenue from those ads. The article in the OP was an eye opener.

Thanks for posting.

For your information you do have to pay for your ads on Backpage even in the dating section where you got that information is absolutely ridiculous get your facts straight

I worked off of Backpage now for the last three and a half years and other sites believe it or not I made more money all the Backpage and I had any other website that's available but unfortunately people know that it is the end as well for this site and they post everything and anything in hopes of getting everything they can before it's gone what for the gentleman that insist that you don't have to pay well you just don't know what he's talking about

Just saw this posted on Backpage Tampa along with photos of the alleged assailant:

Caution 22 y/o Assaulted me - 22

Posted: Monday, July 17, 2017 8:43 PM

This punk came over and pretended to be into me then....

Placed me in a Choke Hold until I passed out. When I came too my Wallet and cash was missing!!!

Could have killer me!

Poster's age: 22

That could happen on Grindr too... but that's way more likely to happen on BP.

Now where are the BP (diamond in the rough) lovers....

Archived