Adventure vs. Memory

Snbrd
This topic is 2556 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Over 20 years ago, when I lived in DC I was friendly with, and more than a little attracted to, a certain guy but we rarely hooked up. By chance, we had 2 amazing encounters a year apart in Provincetown. Through a mutual friend he reached out to me and told me he's visiting Boston, where I now live, soon and would like to meet. Has anyone had a similar experience? Even if his appearance has changed (as has mine) will I reconnect with the man of many fantasies or ruin a memory?

For myself, my memory would remain, so I would be glad to meet the person as they are now. When I think about it, I must admit, I would wonder how my current self, with 20+ year more experience, would react if I met someone who was exactly the same now as they were then? I suspect I would find things I probably didn't notice back then to be annoying now. ;)

I am older so I remember the several Army guys I had sex with in Vietnam in the late 1960s. One Man had 2 young daughters who would be almost 50-years old now.

The good news is I have stayed in touch with my best friend in the Army. He's been married for over 20 years, but really has not changed much over the years.

Four years ago we rented a car in Europe and visited Bosnia, Croatia and Slovenia over a period of 3 weeks.

You have nothing to lose by meeting him. Memories are wonderful things. No matter how exaggerated or embellished the past encounters are in your mind, that is the truth of those encounters for you and nothing will change that. You are 20 years older, he is 20 years older so chances are one or both of you may not be interested in rekindling that now, but you never know. One never knows from whence the next blow job will come.

Wait....a Provincetown summer fling from over 20 years

went out of his way to find you and wants to meet?

I say do it!

Then, give me a call...because you must be one hell of a fuck if

he still remembers you from 20 years ago and is coming back

for more all these years later!

Wait....a Provincetown summer fling up from over 20 years

went out of his way to find you and wants to meet?

I say do it!

+1 +1 +1...

I would add one word of caution...go without any expectations, other than the fact that it would be great to see someone from your past. 20 years is still 20 years. People age, people change, so go with an open mind. One just never knows...;)

No matter how exaggerated or embellished the past encounters are in your mind, that is the truth of those encounters for you and nothing will change that.

I love the way you think and write. Beautiful.

To the OP - you both have changed. What an adventure to see what's possible now! Go for it!

For myself, my memory would remain, so I would be glad to meet the person as they are now. When I think about it, I must admit, I would wonder how my current self, with 20+ year more experience, would react if I met someone who was exactly the same now as they were then? I suspect I would find things I probably didn't notice back then to be annoying now. ;)

I am confused. It's also possible you would find good qualities you overlooked.

It's also possible you would find good qualities you overlooked

Oh dear lord you boys think too much with your big head sometimes.....

"good qualities"....for fuck's sake....it was a Provincetown hook up....not a job interview at NASA.!

Grin

Ok, I'm just kidding....I hope he treats you nice.

"Here's your one chance Fancy don't let me down!"

Thanks all for your insights. It has helped me to put the whole thing in perspective. 23 years ago I was very young, looked even younger than I was, and was inexperienced. Too often I may have been afraid to really let lose and probably let potential good experiences get away. I was nuts about about this one guy, probably only 10 or so years older than me, with his unbuttoned tight shirts, who also often left the the top button of jeans open. I may have cherished the memory because it was a time when I overcame my reserve and totally let go. As I mentioned, I was not only inexperienced, but this was at a time of health fears. Now I am more experienced, in no small part thanks to some of this sites better reviewed and most most mentioned talent. In the movie Casablanca Humphrey Bogart tells Ingrid Bergman, "We'll always have Paris." I think I'll risk the memory on a new adventure. It's around 4th of July so I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks all for your insights. It has helped me to put the whole thing in perspective. 23 years ago I was very young, looked even younger than I was, and was inexperienced. Too often I may have been afraid to really let lose and probably let potential good experiences get away. I was nuts about about this one guy, probably only 10 or so years older than me, with his unbuttoned tight shirts, who also often left the the top button of jeans open. I may have cherished the memory because it was a time when I overcame my reserve and totally let go. As I mentioned, I was not only inexperienced, but this was at a time of health fears. Now I am more experienced, in no small part thanks to some of this sites better reviewed and most most mentioned talent. In the movie Casablanca Humphrey Bogart tells Ingrid Bergman, "We'll always have Paris." I think I'll risk the memory on a new adventure. It's around 4th of July so I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope there are fireworks.

Two thumbs up...

In the movie Casablanca Humphrey Bogart tells Ingrid Bergman, "We'll always have Paris." I think I'll risk the memory on a new adventure.

Good for you!

Go with an open mind and have FUN!

Here's looking at you kid!

Archived