Travel Questions?

London
This topic is 2515 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone encountered a client who was interested in an overnight, in another state from yours.

Was willing to cover Airfare, and make an advance payment arrangement. But requested your bank information ? When clearly you can just use square cash, or pay pal.

To me this seems like a scam.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, be wary. There's also a "check scam" where the client will say that he's sending you a check that he wants you to cash, and then send him part of the money... the check will bounce, your account will be frozen, etc. I've had a couple friends go through this and it always sucks.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone encountered a client who was interested in an overnight, in another state from yours.

Yes

Was willing to cover Airfare, and make an advance payment arrangement.

Yes, and yes

But requested your bank information ? When clearly you can just use square cash, or pay pal.

Only if I offered to them first. I'll say 99.9% of the time, people don't offer to give cash upfront and round trip airfare if there hasn't been a first meet as many clients themselves have been conned.

To me this seems like a scam.

Even if it wasn't a scam, I'd ask questions. I generally would not allow someone I've never met to fly me out somewhere to meet them. I did it once before, when I was much younger and dumber, but I would never do it again. I know awhile ago some forum memeber got upset that I declined his offer to fly me out to see him in Mexico, but I'm sorry...watching movies like "get out" and "touristas" kinda make me cautious about flying out to see someone I've never met.

I will drive/fly myself, so in case shit goes left...I can peel out of there. Or if shit goes right, I can stay for a little longer and explore the city.

No! You should never have to give them your acct info. Ive had clients send me e-tickets to fly to spend a week with them in Arizona,Hawaii, Vegas, etc...and not once did they need my acct number. That's how it should be!

No! You should never have to give them your personal acct info. Its quite brazen of them to even ask. I had one guy, fly me out to Arizona, for a WEEK! Paid my airfare, etc & sent me an e-ticket for the flight within 20minutes of talking to him. That's how it should be!

Cannon, welome to the forum! If you are a provider you should include a link to your profile with your signature, so the clients can easily check your ad. By the way, is you are the guy in your avatar, woof!

Cannon, welome to the forum! If you are a provider you should include a link to your profile with your signature, so the clients can easily check your ad. By the way, is you are the guy in your avatar, woof!

:) Yes its me in the Avatar. Yes I am a provider but I'm not advertising at the moment. I don't really like advertising in Los Angeles, but if I decide to put an ad back up, I will definitely put a link in my profile. Thank u for the welcome & the compliment! Very sweet!

I am writing to yourself from Nigeria - I represent a client estate of $18 millions of dollars (US) value. I need remove these funds from Nigeria and guarantee you will receive the funds in your US bank account. Simply transmit to me your American banking information, including your social security number, account number, and the bank tracking number.

Thank you ever so much. You will be greatly rewarded.

Ngogo

c/o Brooklyn Bridge

I am writing to yourself from Nigeria - I represent a client estate of $18 millions of dollars (US) value. I need remove these funds from Nigeria and guarantee you will receive the funds in your US bank account. Simply transmit to me your American banking information, including your social security number, account number, and the bank tracking number.

Thank you ever so much. You will be greatly rewarded.

Ngogo

c/o Brooklyn Bridge

LOL! He did share in other thread that he was about to put his ad down. He may exists.

Archived