411 on "Massage by Jay" from LA visiting SF

seaguy206
This topic is 2584 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two red flags for me:

1) I understand the market might be competitive in LA so he is "testing" the waters up north, but if he is so great, why does he not have enough business down south? He is the only guy from LA that I ever saw post an ad in SF to "test" the waters.

2) The bigger red flag are the reviews, SEVENTEEN reviews posted in 3 months. That is for sure a record! 17 reviews in 12 weeks? Seriously? So the questions is "If he is so hot and in demand down in LA with 17 reviews posted in 3 months, why would he leave there to "test" the waters up north? Seems like he posted all those reviews himself to drum up business, and it has not worked. It all sounds fishy to me.

I've met him twice, pics are him..a bit dated maybe. But he's pretty attractive. Str8, open minded, so-so massage with nice ending, once in the shower with full on frottage as ending

Thanks for the reply. Would you be willing to share more details about how interactive and open minded he was? And while the pix are dated, is he still in good shape and attractive? His fee is definitely on the high side at $180/hr. Feel free to PM me, thanks!

Two red flags for me:

1) I understand the market might be competitive in LA so he is "testing" the waters up north, but if he is so great, why does he not have enough business down south? He is the only guy from LA that I ever saw post an ad in SF to "test" the waters.

2) The bigger red flag are the reviews, SEVENTEEN reviews posted in 3 months. That is for sure a record! 17 reviews in 12 weeks! So the questions is "If he is so hot and in demand down in LA with 17 reviews posted in 3 months, why would he leave there to "test" the waters up north? Seems like he posted all those reviews himself to drum up business, and it has not worked. It all sounds fishy to me.

Agreed, definitely red flags! That's why I wanted to see if any forum members had firsthand knowledge of this guy. This place is great to find the real scoop!

Sounds like you've made up your mind

Not at all. I was agreeing with @Dmitri that there seemed to be some red flags, which is why I posted to this forum to find out the real scoop. Since you've had firsthand experience with him, that would go a lot farther in convincing me to set something up.

"I'm fairly witty and charming. Very similar to Bradly Cooper."

Hmmmmmm.

I found him pretty interesting....apparently others had varying mileage.

I'm not giving him an unconditional thumbs up...not sure with all available out there I'd even repeat a third time. But he's very attractive, willing, naked, endowed, and fun

I saw him and would never repeat. Massage was average and nothing else would make me go back. If you want an average massage he is your guy.

Lol, I appreciate the candor. You guys in LA don't know how good you got it. Up here in SF, we got slim pickings; that's the only reason that he's warranting a second look!

I just smell desperation in how he posts 17 reviews for himself and feels a need to move. If he is in such demand ( 17 reviews in 12 weeks) why would he even bother to relocate? I was born at night, but I wasn't born last night. Something is weird about all this.

Two red flags for me:

2) The bigger red flag are the reviews, SEVENTEEN reviews posted in 3 months. That is for sure a record! 17 reviews in 12 weeks? Seriously? So the questions is "If he is so hot and in demand down in LA with 17 reviews posted in 3 months, why would he leave there to "test" the waters up north? Seems like he posted all those reviews himself to drum up business, and it has not worked. It all sounds fishy to me.

My red flag is the "money back guaranty (sic)." This, to me, implies that he expects to be paid up front. Then, if the client states at the end of the massage that he wasn't satisfied with the services rendered, Jay will return the fee already paid. For those who include such guarantees in their ads, I much prefer wording along the lines of "if I don't provide the services described in my ad, your session is free." Even then, though, I tend to be suspicious about such ads since it seems so odd to me that someone would put such a guarantee in a massage ad.

I went to him once years ago. He was my age, lived in the neighborhood. Seemed perfect. Full lights on the whole time, half-hearted massage, and all he did was tell me about how he wasn't doing it anymore and was very belittling. He's decent looking, but he wasn't worth the attitude. I should've gotten up and left 10 minutes in, but he was so aggressive I took the bullet and patiently waited for the massage to end to avoid any problems. One of the longer hours of my life. At the end he offered some half-hearted handy if I paid him another ridiculous amount of money.

I just smell desperation in how he posts 17 reviews for himself and feels a need to move. If he is in such demand ( 17 reviews in 12 weeks) why would he even bother to relocate? I was born at night, but I wasn't born last night. Something is weird about all this.

As I expected, he posted ANOTHER review for himself yesterday. That is now 18 reviews in 3 months. His pattern seems to be posting a review every week or so, sometimes 2 per week.. Someone should let this guy know that even the best masseurs, who actually have clients write the reviews, don't get even close to 18 reviews in an entire YEAR. The endless self written reviews almost every week on his ad are getting tiresome :(

I went to him once years ago. He was my age, lived in the neighborhood. Seemed perfect. Full lights on the whole time, half-hearted massage, and all he did was tell me about how he wasn't doing it anymore and was very belittling. He's decent looking, but he wasn't worth the attitude. I should've gotten up and left 10 minutes in, but he was so aggressive I took the bullet and patiently waited for the massage to end to avoid any problems. One of the longer hours of my life. At the end he offered some half-hearted handy if I paid him another ridiculous amount of money.

Wow, sounds like I dodged a bullet. I had set up an appointment with him, but he canceled at the last minute (thank goodness!) The explanation he gave for canceling made me think I will not hire him in the future.

Here's the explanation verbatim from his booking website. He had planned to make a trip to San Francisco, and then cancelled late the night before our morning appointment.

THIS TRIP HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO: 1) A PROBLEM WITH UNITED AIRLINES AT THE AIRPORT 2) INSUFFICIENT PRE BOOKING Listen guys... I know I haven't met some of you yet but I'm really a grade A masseur. I have a scary good client return rate. Like almost perfect return rate. And I'd be happy to make a regular stop in SF every week. But it costs me almost $1,000 to come out and see you. I'm not coming out for vacation. I'm coming to work. So when I send out an invite to prebook my services I'd appreciate greatly if you pencilled in an apt. I can't keep investing $1,000 at a time in the hopes that maybe you'll feel like seeing me or maybe you'll get around to booking an apt the day of. It's just not fair that I have to take that leap of faith, when I make plenty of money in LA. As for the flight. After a 4 hour delay they informed me that they had sold my seat to a couple because the one next to mine was vacant. I wasn't happy. It wasn't pretty.

So was his trip cancelled because he couldn't get on the flight (which, if what he says is true, would be out of his control)? Or was it because he didn't get enough pre-bookings and made the decision that it wasn't worth his time (which would in his control)? Obviously inconsistent. In any event, saved me some money. Which reminds me...his rate also kept changing...another red flag!

seaguy206, your post made my blood boil! His excuse is absolute bullshit! As I have mentioned before, if he is making so much money in LA (as he even mentions in what you posted) why is he even bothering to come to SF? And I like how he mentioned United Airlines was partially to blame, since they have had bad press lately. How convenient. And as a masseur he knows that alot of us DON'T pre-book. He wants people to pre-book, and keep their appointment, and then he will honor all of us with his presence. This guy who has SO much business in LA (according to him)....post his own reviews....(18 in 3 months)...and then blames United Airlines...and all of US for his not coming to SF, as far as I am concerned, he seems like a major diva. He should just stay in LA and save us all the drama.

seaguy206, your post made my blood boil! His excuse is absolute bullshit! As I have mentioned before, if he is making so much money in LA (as he even mentions in what you posted) why is he even bothering to come to SF? And I like how he mentioned United Airlines was partially to blame, since they have had bad press lately. How convenient. And as a masseur he knows that alot of us DON'T pre-book. He wants people to pre-book, and keep their appointment, and then he will honor all of us with his presence. This guy who has SO much business in LA (according to him)....post his own reviews....(18 in 3 months)...and then blames United Airlines...and all of US for his not coming to SF, as far as I am concerned, he seems like a major diva. He should just stay in LA and save us all the drama.

Blood boil? Really? Pretty simple, don't hire him. Calm down

He's been working LA for many years. Used to live in WeHo but is in the valley now.

He took his ad down for like a year and now he's back and he's been asking old clients to resubmit reviews. So that is why there are a bunch in a short amount of time. I've been a few times. He's straight and masculine and I enjoyed my times there mostly because I think he's stupid sexy. But his massage is not technically very good, very deep repetitive with lots of elbows. Not for everyone. I like him but the general consensus on here has not been good.

Here's an old discussion about him too.

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/411-on-abercrombie-model-jeff-in-los-angeles-valley-village.98145/#post-903692

He's been working LA for many years. Used to live in WeHo but is in the valley now.

He took his ad down for like a year and now he's back and he's been asking old clients to resubmit reviews. So that is why there are a bunch in a short amount of time. I've been a few times. He's straight and masculine and I enjoyed my times there mostly because I think he's stupid sexy. But his massage is not technically very good, very deep repetitive with lots of elbows. Not for everyone. I like him but the general consensus on here has not been good.

Here's an old discussion about him too.

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/411-on-abercrombie-model-jeff-in-los-angeles-valley-village.98145/#post-903692

Archived