Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras

topinla
This topic is 2635 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Flying to Sydney today for the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. Has anybody been to one? This will be my first time so I'm looking forward to the parade which look awesome based on the videos I have seen on YouTube. And I'm attending a hot party too!

Hopefully there will be no heatwave when I arrive unlike last time ;)

I went last year. It is a spectacular event. I hope you have already bought the best grandstand seats for the parade. Those seats have a good view and give you in/out privileges, allow you to get drinks easily, have access to bathrooms etc.

There has been some extreme weather in Sydney recently: very high temperatures, thunderstorms with hailstones as big as tennis balls.

I was there two years ago. Sydney is one of my favorite cities on earth. I got a grandstand seat hoping to sit but everyone stands. I guess that's why they call it grand STAND. What's fun is the whole city seems to be celebrating. Rainbow banners everywhere. A friend of mine calls Sydney New York in shorts.

Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras has released a coming out video in which the son of a family who all use BBQ sauce tells the family that he has always been a tomato sauce (ketchup) man.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1293254047380316

www.starobserver.com.au/news/national-news/new-south-wales-news/call-marriage-equality-new-mardi-gras-video/155861

Archived