Happy Birthday Dane Scott

stevenkesslar
This topic is 2681 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Can't wait to cel-la-la-brate.

Wow. What a treat it was to cel-la-la-brate by seeing La La Land with you.

Sorry to hijack a thread about Dane and turn it into a reflection on a masterpiece of a film, but it's a fitting metaphor for the elements of the Dane Scott experience we all love.

From a review I read in SF Gate:

“La La Land” slowly dawns as a film of great intimacy. It’s as if it were whispering to us. What it’s whispering is not the usual musical thing, or the usual movie message. It’s saying that every good path in life cuts off another good path, and that every gain in life, however wonderful, comes with a loss. It’s saying that this is what it’s like to be a feeling person, but that being a feeling person is the only way to go through life.

It's very Dane Scott to me. A deeply feeling person. A poignant and sincere intimacy. A touch that feels like whispering. Hidden moments of beauty revealed. Sincerity. Wrapped in a package that is emotionally alive enough to be called youthful and old enough to be called mature. La La Land, indeed, but nothing fake about it.

Even in a City of Stars, you shine bright. Have a great year.

And since we were waxing poetic about the beauty of the people who create the magic, and I have Glee on the brain, this song come to mind:

Archived