Climb every mountain

seaboy4hire
This topic is 2702 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As many here know since June I have had a bit of the cancer. Yesterday I had my 10 week pet scan and I am happy that not even cancer can stop this stubborn son of a bitch! Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I am humble to sometimes an extreme fault. I don't take compliments very well. I will often do my best to deflect them or push the praise onto others like coworkers. I think just this once I will accept all the praise thats been given to me over the last few months. Its been an extremely hard few months. Anyone whos had cancer and went through chemo or has been there for a loved one, going to Drs appointments and sat with them during chemo sessions or allowed the love one explode cause of all the stress they're going through mentally and physically knows. Mentally and physically it is very very tiring. June through Oct looking back now seems like a blur. Most of the conversation with Drs and my nurse I barely remember because I was so exhausted and in pain. But I feel greatful to have an awesome onocologist Dr and nurse taking care of me. Always there to give me the needed hug and hand up and also the swift kick in the ass when I've wanted to give up because of the pain and tiredness. And of course the boyfriend was there to make sure I ate even when nothing tasted good except my trusted scrambled eggs and bacon. He also allowed me to explode throw a few things and gave me hugs and reassured me I was going to beat this and win. And of course as always he was right. Daddys usually are right. Then there were members of the board and you gentlemen and ladies know who you are who helped me along the way. The kind words and monetary assistance I will never forget. Both helped out immensely. I can't help but think how lucky I am to be given another chance. But also how unfair it is with friends and family members who haven't been given another chance. I wonder why I get another chance and they didn't. It makes me mad because I don't think I am any better then they were.

Hugs,

Greg

Greg, some issues of life are way above our pay grade to understand. Congrats for persevering, and do not feel guilty for living vigorously. Of course, your new empathy will open your life to awesome opportunities to invest in others who suffer and perhaps be in a position to lessen their burden.

May your days be merry & bright!

Great news Greg! My sister received encouraging news from her 10 week PET scan today as well. She's now a candidate for surgery to remove what's left of the cancer. Much different than her first visit to surgeon, when the his words were we'll give you chemo to make you comfortable, but this will never been operable.

As many here know since June I have had a bit of the cancer. Yesterday I had my 10 week pet scan and I am happy that not even cancer can stop this stubborn son of a bitch! Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I am humble to sometimes an extreme fault. I don't take compliments very well. I will often do my best to deflect them or push the praise onto others like coworkers. I think just this once I will accept all the praise thats been given to me over the last few months. Its been an extremely hard few months. Anyone whos had cancer and went through chemo or has been there for a loved one, going to Drs appointments and sat with them during chemo sessions or allowed the love one explode cause of all the stress they're going through mentally and physically knows. Mentally and physically it is very very tiring. June through Oct looking back now seems like a blur. Most of the conversation with Drs and my nurse I barely remember because I was so exhausted and in pain. But I feel greatful to have an awesome onocologist Dr and nurse taking care of me. Always there to give me the needed hug and hand up and also the swift kick in the ass when I've wanted to give up because of the pain and tiredness. And of course the boyfriend was there to make sure I ate even when nothing tasted good except my trusted scrambled eggs and bacon. He also allowed me to explode throw a few things and gave me hugs and reassured me I was going to beat this and win. And of course as always he was right. Daddys usually are right. Then there were members of the board and you gentlemen and ladies know who you are who helped me along the way. The kind words and monetary assistance I will never forget. Both helped out immensely. I can't help but think how lucky I am to be given another chance. But also how unfair it is with friends and family members who haven't been given another chance. I wonder why I get another chance and they didn't. It makes me mad because I don't think I am any better then they were.

Hugs,

Greg

Great news Seaboy. Have a wonderful Christmas & celebrate in every way known to man!

Greg! So happy to hear that things are looking up. I have never had to personally endure such an ordeal, but have been in several situations where I was the caregiver. So it is good to hear that the BF was there for you. As @beachboy says "celebrate in every way known to man"! Just be sure to include the BF in those celebrations, but some how I think that you already have! ;)

So this will be a special Holiday Season!! And here's to a happy and healthy 2017!

While I am NOT happy that you had to go through cancer treatment, I am very glad you have supportive, loving people as your nurses and oncologist. It is very heartwarming to hear your story. So very glad you beat this, Greg,

Great news Greg! My sister received encouraging news from her 10 week PET scan today as well. She's now a candidate for surgery to remove what's left of the cancer. Much different than her first visit to surgeon, when the his words were we'll give you chemo to make you comfortable, but this will never been operable.

I would have fired that Dr. I have to say my Onocologist Dr and nurse have been nothing but positive but still real. I dont have time for negative Nancy drs or medical people. Lets keep it real but positive because the power of positive energy is amazing.

Hugs,

Greg

While I am NOT happy that you had to go through cancer treatment, I am very glad you have supportive, loving people as your nurses and oncologist. It is very heartwarming to hear your story. So very glad you beat this, Greg,

In Aug I had a nine day stint in the hospital. After getting out and continuing my treatment I ran into my Dr and she knew I went through hell. She immediately gave me a hug. That small but important and loving gesture sealed the deal on me liking her. I like her so much I highly recommended her to one of my day job customers who needs iron infusions from time to time.

Hugs,

Greg

Greg! So happy to hear that things are looking up. I have never had to personally endure such an ordeal, but have been in several situations where I was the caregiver. So it is good to hear that the BF was there for you. As @beachboy says "celebrate in every way known to man"! Just be sure to include the BF in those celebrations, but some how I think that you already have! ;)

So this will be a special Holiday Season!! And here's to a happy and healthy 2017!

He will be involved in every celebration. Im already thinking what I wanna do next year at the one year mark. If things go well I would love to get an RV pack up the cat and some clothes, take a few months off from work and travel the country.

Hugs,

Greg

In Aug I had a nine day stint in the hospital. After getting out and continuing my treatment I ran into my Dr and she knew I went through hell. She immediately gave me a hug. That small but important and loving gesture sealed the deal on me liking her. I like her so much I highly recommended her to one of my day job customers who needs iron infusions from time to time.

Hugs,

Greg

I wasn't with my sister at that appointment or he would have gotten a piece of my mind. Her oncologists have been great. This particular doctor was only the surgeon that placed her port and should have kept his opinion to himself, as he wasn't consulted for anything other than the port.

Not to take anything way from Seaboy and his wonderful news, but has anybody heard from Unsub and anyone else in their battles with this lousy shit?

I hope that they, too, are able to share good news and are able to enjoy this holiday season and the upcoming New Year!

This is Greg's thread, so, first (and, most definitely, foremost), I want to give Greg my congratulations on his remission, and my best wishes for a long, fulfilling life. As for me, I just had my 2 year post chemo evaluation, and I'm still in complete remission. I feel fine, and my oncologist didn't give me a hug, but he did say a most wonderful thing to me: "I'm through with you!"

This is Greg's thread, so, first (and, most definitely, foremost), I want to give Greg my congratulations on his remission, and my best wishes for a long, fulfilling life. As for me, I just had my 2 year post chemo evaluation, and I'm still in complete remission. I feel fine, and my oncologist didn't give me a hug, but he did say a most wonderful thing to me: "I'm through with you!"

A BIG SMILE :) for you and Paddington!

I think those words are better than a hug. Much congrats! Although it is my thread I hope that anyone whos beat cancer feels welcome and shares their story. It's a scary ordeal to go through, even with a good support system. And for some it's a wakeup call and a good way of weeding out the dead weight in ones life.

Hugs,

Greg

Archived