411 Billy Baldwin currently in Boston

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2073 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Love the use of the word 'unique'--what, 6 times in his ad? "My massage is unique because I'm unique and my body is hand crafted and unique.."...LOL! And at the bottom....'My massage oil is unique'.

Gentleman's bet that it comes out of a Neutrogena bottle? Only once have I seen a masseuse mix a bunch together to make a 'custom' oil...

Interesting picture- out of Franklin TN for that gym, not Franklin MA...googled it.

I'm probably remembering this wrong, but an old episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show had Ted Knight (speaking of remembering it wrong, what was his character's name?) acting in a play. Everyone was struggling to find ways to tell him that his truly horrendous performance was NOT horrible. "Unique" and "Interesting" were a couple they came up with.

I'm probably remembering this wrong, but an old episode of the Mary Tyler Moore show had Ted Knight (speaking of remembering it wrong, what was his character's name?) acting in a play. Everyone was struggling to find ways to tell him that his truly horrendous performance was NOT horrible. "Unique" and "Interesting" were a couple they came up with.

Ted Baxter

Noël Coward had a great trick when forced to sit through a terrible play in which a friend was performing. Afterwards, he would walk up to them, beaming, and exclaim: "Darling! 'Marvelous' isn't the word!"

Similarly, Harold Ross, editor of the New Yorker, was a master of faint praise, once writing in a letter of recommendation: "the man who gets Mr. Jones to work for him will be lucky indeed."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...