Pay before or after?

DMICS
This topic is 2651 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the time is shorter than agreed, then fine...take the money, but that's the last time, I am bothering with that one. Fortunately, I have only had that happen once.

Good for you.

I only paid twice before service, and both were shorter than agreed, only 1 hour and 15 minutes for a 2-hour sessions, I was too shy to argue and left anyway.

So far I have always just tried to give my client the best time possible knowing that I get paid based on that. I can't even think of a time that I even counted the money until after I left a client, much less expected to see it in advance. I am not saying this as a suggestion to anyone else. It has just been my experience that every one gives me what I am anticipating or more. I think part of the reason is that I have already built a little rapport and trust chatting with the client before we meet. I'll get what I deserve before I leave. I know that, and I'm fine with that! ;)

I do not pay upfront. That's an easy law enforcement trap. When I'm "interviewing," I ask about payment expectations, I've had one say he preferred it up front because he'd been stiffed before by clients. I explained the legality of such requests and asked if he'd accept seeing I actually had the money and intended to pay for his time after we were done. He agreed and we had a great time.

So far I have always just tried to give my client the best time possible knowing that I get paid based on that. I can't even think of a time that I even counted the money until after I left a client, much less expected to see it in advance. I am not saying this as a suggestion to anyone else. It has just been my experience that every one gives me what I am anticipating or more. I think part of the reason is that I have already built a little rapport and trust chatting with the client before we meet. I'll get what I deserve before I leave. I know that, and I'm fine with that! ;)

Yes, I always gave a little bit more than agreed if I paid after.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived