Has this Full Supermoon been excessively weird?

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2754 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We're unironically talking about it being that time of the month?

I've always been under the impression that there is a widespread belief in the full moon being associated with insanity (the word 'lunacy' being a clue) that is independent of that time of the month. When the subject of the thread is a particular full moon, I would have thought we'd be safe from conflating the two 'time of the month' expressions. Not always, of course. In the absence of context, I'd be likely to assume the gendered meaning, so would not use the words myself. If I wanted to imply someone was affected by the full moon I would be explicit and not refer to the time of month. (I apologise for going full-serious and ignoring any intended irony or sarcasm: I thought I needed to, having previously waffled on about privilege-tinged insults.)

I've always been under the impression that there is a widespread belief in the full moon being associated with insanity (the word 'lunacy' being a clue) that is independent of that time of the month. When the subject of the thread is a particular full moon, I would have thought we'd be safe from conflating the two 'time of the month' expressions. Not always, of course. In the absence of context, I'd be likely to assume the gendered meaning, so would not use the words myself. If I wanted to imply someone was affected by the full moon I would be explicit and not refer to the time of month. (I apologise for going full-serious and ignoring any intended irony or sarcasm: I thought I needed to, having previously waffled on about privilege-tinged insults.)

I was making a joke as well as parodying some recent overheated rhetoric aimed at me. ;)

Archived