Check Scam?

Hungmixedboi88
This topic is 2788 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys! So already have a question. I have now been hit up twice by people saying they want to book me for a very nice sum of money and they will be sending me a check to pay for hotel.. and travel.. and I'd have excess money on the check which is to be sent to their "colleague". Though I do think this is a scam.. what's up with that? How strange...

Hey guys! So already have a question. I have now been hit up twice by people saying they want to book me for a very nice sum of money and they will be sending me a check to pay for hotel.. and travel.. and I'd have excess money on the check which is to be sent to their "colleague". Though I do think this is a scam.. what's up with that? How strange...

It's a scam. Walk away.

Exactly!

Common check scam. Similar to buying goods online. You are selling a $100 item, they will send you a check for 500, and you send them, or give to someone else the remainder. The check will most likely clear, and then later be flagged as fraudulent. At this point you've sent them money, you're out the item, $400 of your own money, and it can cause massive headaches if the bank flags your account for fraudulent activity.

Don't walk away, Run!

Archived