Stupid Question

Atlantagaguy
This topic is 2816 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The nearest I've ever come to something like any of the above incidents happened about ten years ago. I was with a friend having dinner at Spagos. Someone taped me on the shoulder and when I turned inquired if I liked what I was eating for dinner. I said yes and ended up having a brief conversation with Matt Damon (a very nice guy).

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You saw him? He pissed? Please tell me he was as handsome as advertised. He is my Lifelong, All Time Heart Throb!!

I worked in food service at a local hotel when I was in HS (bus boy, room service, etc.). Paul Newman came to town to film a movie, and the entire cast and crew stayed at the hotel. At one point I stood next to him at the urinals off of the lobby, and kept turning to look at him. He laughed and said, "I guess you know who I am." I told him that I was a huge movie fanatic, and from that point on he always stopped to chat when coming and going. When I delivered food to his room he always took the time to talk. He was a genuinely nice person and a magnificent tipper. Joanne Woodward came to visit and he was kind enough to introduce me to her. And I have to say that that eye twinkle he had onscreen was just as real off screen.

I worked in food service at a local hotel when I was in HS (bus boy, room service, etc.). Paul Newman came to town to film a movie, and the entire cast and crew stayed at the hotel. At one point I stood next to him at the urinals off of the lobby, and kept turning to look at him. He laughed and said, "I guess you know who I am." I told him that I was a huge movie fanatic, and from that point on he always stopped to chat when coming and going. When I delivered food to his room he always took the time to talk. He was a genuinely nice person and a magnificent tipper. Joanne Woodward came to visit and he was kind enough to introduce me to her. And I have to say that that eye twinkle he had onscreen was just as real off screen.

Thank you for following up! You verified what I've always heard about him being a real guy. An acquaintance worked as a stunt man on a couple of his movies and said Newman was a great favorite. Wow! A fine actor, a nice person, a handsome face and, oh, those blue eyes.

since we've veered a bit from urinal-spotting, I'll offer my bit:

worked room service at a nicer, small resort during college....many stars came and went while "Cannonball Run 2" was being filmed in the area.....Dean Martin: friendly guy, always said "hi", looked a bit haggard when I'd see him in the evenings.....Sammy Davis Jr.: also friendly, seemed to be only star who had a personal bodyguard outside his room.....Burt Reynolds: blew out the electric in his place because of a tanning bed.....Susan Anton: answered door in only her high-cut nightshirt, said to me "put it on the bed".....

at other times: a member of the the wholesome country group "Alabama" asked where he could get some hookers....Kevin Costner was caught by security one night messing around in a car with somebody.....

that's all I got!

Archived