Life's annoyances

actor61
This topic is 2839 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think this thread could be retitled 'First World Problems'!

Wait a darn tootin' minute, @mike carey!! I hope you aren't trying to insinuate that the fact that my car key fob hasn't been able to unlock my car in over a year (the little metal button on the inside of the fob is stuck in a depressed position*) and moreover that a new one costs about $150 dollars (AUS $197) with a $62 (AUS $82) programming fee is not of the utmost importance globally!!!:eek:

Gman

* I may have temporarily fixed it. I saw the problem a year or so ago, but couldn't think of a way to fix it. I decided to look again. I noticed what might be some sticky-non glue-substance inside the fob. I tried taking some 99% rubbing alcohol to the button/circuit board. It's now moving a bit. The alcohol seemed to do the trick as well as doing a number on my fingers due to the alcohol's desiccant effect (I didn't have any Q-tips to apply the alcohol with-only some cotton balls). :confused: So we'll see how long my fix works.

G

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait a darn tootin' minute, @mike carey!! I hope you aren't trying to insinuate that the fact that my car key fob hasn't been able to unlock my car in over a year... is not of the utmost importance globally!!!

Nooooooo! My car's fob key button to lock the car has stopped working so I can only unlock the car with it. I have to use the key in the door lock to lock the car. (As a French car built in blatant disregard of the fact that cars here are right hand drive, the only key lock is in the front passenger door!)

I think this thread could be retitled 'First World Problems'!

Nooooooo! My car's fob key button to lock the car has stopped working so I can only unlock the car with it.

We're just like

Or maybe Jack Sprat and his missus

http://www.grandmasnurseryrhymes.com/images/jacksprat.gif

I have to use the key in the door lock to lock the car. (As a French car built in blatant disregard of the fact that cars here are right hand drive, the only key lock is in the front passenger door!)

Can't you lock it from the inside driver's side?

Gman

Can't you lock it from the inside driver's side?

No, and it's one of the things I like about the car, it can only be locked from outside the car, either with the key remote or the key in the lock. So, I can't lock it unless I'm outside the car and I have the key in my hand. It's impossible to lock the key in the car.

You might consider refraining from masturbation while driving.

But it's really the only way to relieve the tedium of long drives. :p

Unless you've mastered the art of reading behind the wheel like Sasha Baron Cohen's character in Talladega Nights.

screen-shot-2013-05-16-at-4-49-41-pm.png

Good point. The two countries are not as close in miles/km as I thought...flew from Christchurch, NZ to Sydney in the 1990s; it was a longer plane trip than I expected.

Sydney to Christchurch is approx 1700 miles, flight time gate to gate is 3 hrs 20 , , the return flight is slightly longer due to battling head winds ( westerly to east) is 3 hrs 50 minutes.

Sydney to Christchurch is approx 1700 miles, flight time gate to gate is 3 hrs 20 , , the return flight is slightly longer due to battling head winds ( westerly to east) is 3 hrs 50 minutes.

Thanks very much. That is longer than I remember. I flew back to LAX from Sydney, so did not get a chance to see more of NZ. Wish I had planned more time for the southern island.

Archived