What's your favorite iPad game?

Keith30309
This topic is 2876 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm finding myself sitting in airports and on planes allot lately and am burned out on the usual assortment of freebie games.

What's your favorite game (that can be played without a net connection)?

The most interesting one I've found is Monument Valley but it's getting a little old.

I've spent more money on Clash of Clans than I care to admit but it requires a connection...

If you like word games, I find SpellTower fun & challenging.

One-time purchase of maybe $2 with no tricksy freemium temptations.

I play on both my ipad mini & my phone. I think I had to buy it twice.

I might try MonumentValley.

Churchill Solitaire. It's described as "diabolical" and I must agree. This is not your usual game of solitaire and requires a lot of strategic thinking. Two decks of cards, eight suites, ten piles, and a multi-card deal.

It is said that Churchill devised this himself and taught it to a few of his friends. One was a Belgian diplomat who taught Donald Rumsfeld the game. He worked with a game company to develop the app.

Some might not get over the Rumsfeld connection but it's worth considering if you really want to be challenged. You will lose more games than win at first because it frustrates the hell out of people.

Archived