Swinging Richards Atlanta

EZEtoGRU
This topic is 2697 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Champagne rooms at the clubs in NYC are $100-150, not including what you give to the dancers, so $40-65 for the house in other cities is a bargain.

I don't know if you actually get champagne or the amount of time you get in a "Champagne" room in NYC for $100-150. The $40 (or $65 if its increase) is the lowest level for 15 minutes and no champagne. SR has other options at higher prices for 30 minutes or an hour or with champagne. I've only done a 15 minute. I doubt SR is a bargain.

I don't know if you actually get champagne or the amount of time you get in a "Champagne" room in NYC for $100-150. The $40 (or $65 if its increase) is the lowest level for 15 minutes and no champagne. SR has other options at higher prices for 30 minutes or an hour or with champagne. I've only done a 15 minute. I doubt SR is a bargain.

There is no champagne, water or anything provided. It's basically a small space with a curtain for 20 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey boys - I am a frequent Stockbar/Campus visitor but am considering a trip down to ATL to check out SR (I've been to and very much miss the Fort Laud SR...RIP!). Any hotel/accomodation recommendations in Atlanta for SR patrons? Thanks in advance!

Hey Chidude,

There are several nearby hotels that fairly close. I tend to stay at Marriotts when there. I fly in...take the MARTA downtown and go up the escalator and am in downtown about a 10 minute drive depending on traffic. Favorite place are Courtyard, Renaissance, Marriott Marquis, and Marriott Suites. I have also stayed near Lennox Mall at the Marriott there. These are all good places, safe yet convenient. Have also stayed at Hilton downtown but found it to be dated. There is a lot to do there during the day as well. Have fun.

Hey boys - I am a frequent Stockbar/Campus visitor but am considering a trip down to ATL to check out SR (I've been to and very much miss the Fort Laud SR...RIP!). Any hotel/accomodation recommendations in Atlanta for SR patrons? Thanks in advance!

It depends on what type of hotels you like. I think @Txpaytoplay gave you some good alternatives. I prefer to stay in Midtown when I visit ATL. It is also convenient to SR. Buckehead is also a good neighborhood.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that SR is a smoking-allowed establishment. I hope that changed. I don't mind the smell of cigarettes while being smoked, but the smell on my clothes after is revolting to me. So I typically look for hotels that offer rush cleaning services or balconies (where I leave my clothes and shoes to air out). About 3 years ago, I stayed at the Twelve hotel at Atlantic Station...convenient location, balconies, loft style rooms. Not sure if it is still any good.

About 3 years ago, I stayed at the Twelve hotel at Atlantic Station...convenient location, balconies, loft style rooms.

I agree. This is the best place to stay if your main destination is SR. It is rather pricey though. But anywhere in midtown works, or even toward downtown. The cabs and uber's are very reliable in the ATL. Damn, talking about it sure gets my juices wanting to go to SR.

When in Atlanta, Bozo highly recommends staying in the midtown area. Downtown Atlanta can be dicey at night. Bozo's hotel of choice is the Marriott Midtown Suites. It's on 14th St. NE, next door to the Four Seasons, and across the street from the High Museum. It's also around the corner from the restaurant with the best southern cuisine by far that America's #1 clown has ever dined at, South City Kitchen. Lots to see and do in Atlanta during the day. In the evening, Bozo and his entourage would usually eat in the area (lots of great restaurants in midtown), take the free shuttle to Atlantic Station, and walk to Swinging Richards from there. It's about a 20-25 minute walk to Swinging Richards from the Atlantic Station.

Bozo

based on previous recommendations here i have stayed at the W Atlanta Midtown, 14th street, it was very easy to get to SW from here. a very nice hotel.

this November 29th i'm staying at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown, Peachtree St, not too far from SW and close to "the varsity".

based on previous recommendations here i have stayed at the W Atlanta Midtown, 14th street, it was very easy to get to SW from here. a very nice hotel.

I liked this W. It is indeed called the W Atlanta Midtown and the Uberx ride to SRs was $8. There are a couple more Ws out there, so be careful on nomenclature. The hotel itself is modern, although like all Ws, it is showing a bit of wear and tear. The bar downstairs is very hip and the snacks are yummy. Highly recommend the jalapeño margarita. If you will be "hosting" please be aware the elevators are room key access only. Parking is a bitch..,pony up for valet parking or do self parking on the lot adjacent to the hotel. Traffic is this area can be nuts too, but oh-so convenient. By the way, Nan Thai and a few other Atlanta fave restaurants are nearby.

I liked this W. It is indeed called the W Atlanta Midtown and the Uberx ride to SRs was $8. There are a couple more Ws out there, so be careful on nomenclature. The hotel itself is modern, although like all Ws, it is showing a bit of wear and tear.

I also stayed at the W Midtown on my last visit. More than anything, it is very convenient for taking Uber to SR's. As you say, $8 each way and the trip only takes 8-10 minutes. Very easy. Since I like to drink whilst at the club, this eliminates any DUI risks. No brainer really. I didn't love the hotel but I really liked the location.

• 1 month later...

made my first-ever visit to SR Atlanta few days ago....had been at SR Pompano Beach, FL, a couple years ago, but it has closed since....

travel partner and I visited on a Fri., Sat., and Mon....they're closed on Sunday....arrived at about 9:30pm each eve and we really liked that early (?) timing as we were able to pick out a table we liked, relax for a bit, and take in the scene before it got busy....yes, it is quiet at that time, but it gets busier pretty quickly after 10pm and is rockin' (on weekend eves) by 11/midnight.....$5 parking in their lot across the street, $10 admission....we drove there the first night and uber'd from downtown the other nights....

the place felt clean and well-run....noticed at our early arrival that the tables were all clean and chairs arranged (I'm used to dives)...entirely friendly and casual vibe.....smaller than the old SR in Florida.....waiter service or go up to the bar....Mich Ultra was about $5.50....by later, many women are present (doesn't bother me) and were usually/always with a dude (website says women must be accompanied by a man to enter).....steady stream of dancers arriving for work around 9:30/10/10:30 thru the front door (dressing room is behind a curtain immediately right of front entrance)

DJs make the usual "tip the dancer" admonishments in that classic stripper-joint DJ voice (yeah, I've been to female strip joints, too) and, of course, keep track of dancers not yet on stage.....

steady stream of dancers on stage go thru a typical three-song routine, getting fully naked (usually.....) by some point in the third.....almost all the dudes are straight/straight-ish and in, at least, worked-out shape....very, very few "twink"s and a very, very few "gay-appearing" guys.....some can dance and some just wobble from foot-to-foot.....beards and scruff on some.....feel free to walk up to those that appeal, make very quick small talk, and tip a buck or three in their armband.....some may give you a very discreet peek...if you're really interested, ask him to come over to your table after his set.....was told that no erections are typically allowed in the main room - do not know if that is by city/county statute or is a ruse to get customers to upgrade to a VIP Lounge visit.....but at least one dancer had a cock ring on during his set, maintaining some semblance of arousal

$10/song table dances in the main room with, ostensibly, little touching/grinding, but full nudity....as the night gets late, this policy apparently is relaxed, especially for women receiving a table dance....if you're lucky, you'll get to watch an extremely hot table dance (probably/possibly for a female) near your own table.....somewhat late on the quiet Monday, one very in-shape, very good-looking, entirely aroused dancer grinded on a chick for several songs in the main room....zoweee!.....as always, be friendly and polite if you want a table dance.....can't really do a lot out in the main room, but chat him up and see what you can get.....if you really like a guy and want more, the VIP Lounge in the back is the place to go.....at least one dancer told me he will only do table dances/privates in the VIP area, never in the main room.....hmmmm....

$10 additional admission to the well-marked VIP Lounge in the back....gatekeeper is usually positioned at his podium....though you certainly can pay and go in at your leisure (and several customers do), I didn't and only paid when I arranged out in the main room for my first VIP dance with a dancer....we walked up to the podium, I paid my $10, and received a wristband allowing access for the entire night.....the VIP Lounge is not large and has a small bar backing to one of the main room bars (with somewhat-blocked views thru it of the main room stage), a small stage occasionally occupied by a dancer, a few tables, sofas, and chairs, and several VIP "rooms" defined by six-feet-high glass-block walls....a few dancers mingle back there, a few customers sit at the bar, and, when busy, there are several "privates" going on in the main area or in the "rooms"....despite no privacy for privates in the VIP area, they can get pretty hot if you and the dancer are clicking (and they are $20/song back there, rather than the $10/song rate in the main room)....more grinding, discreet touching/holding/hugging, whatever you can get away with (keep your own clothes on, though)....discuss with your dancer what you like and see what he'll let you do (and what he'll do for you)....have fun, smile, respect the dancer, kick back....make sure you keep track of song count and communicate with the dancer about this so there are no misunderstandings.....I told my dancers ahead of time how many songs I wanted and asked them to keep track....if you want the most privacy, the VIP Rooms (as opposed to the VIP Lounge - this nomenclature seems important to keep in mind, apparently) are popular and more pricey.....something like $140 for 15 minutes with some split between the dancer and house....discuss the pricing and dancer/house split with the gatekeeper, who you need to pay, anyway, for room rental....there are options....on Mondays, there is usually an attractive "2-for-1" deal in the VIP area, but it's a bit confusing as the house/dancer split is not really 2-for-1, blah, blah (but it's a very good deal).....and I was told using a credit card (allowed) to pay for the VIP Room arrangements incurs an extra fee and that the dancer won't receive his cut for a couple days....carry lots of cash!!.....with the "2 for 1" deal on Monday, I had a great 30 minutes in a VIP Room with a very cool, very accommodating good ol' boy from semi-rural Georgia for a great rate....but check with the gatekeeper for the options and pricing split.....and discuss with your intended, ahead of time, what you like and what he can accommodate.....

not surprisingly, there is a fairly wide variety of guys....ranging from very honest to near-hustler (stay in control around some aggressive dancers:(:().....on a first visit, sit and get used to the scene for a long while before you zero in on dancers who really appeal to you.....dancers will inevitably approach, chat you up, and ask if you want a dance...be polite, chat a short bit, and, if not interested, simply say you're hanging out for now and wish them a great night (or similar).....smile and have fun.....don't immediately say "no!" and ignore them....almost all are decent guys who are working for tips.....the atmosphere is fun-loving and unpretentious....this is one of the extremely rare full-nudity clubs in the US.....

though I'm certainly not an SR expert, PM me or ask here in the thread if you have questions

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent review of SR above by azdr. His comments reflect my own experiences at SR in recent months until last week. I was in ATL for one night on Wednesday last week. I would say the line-up of dancers was very weak. Only 2 semi-studs. The rest were very average in my estimation. I still had a good time but was disappointed in the lack of choice. Obviously the best nights will be Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...

I was at SR last Thursday and was in muscle heaven! Several beautiful bodybuilders. Many if them said they were Cuban and visiting from Miami. One dancer in particular, Angel, had a spectacular ass that he loved to show off. I haven't seen such good talent at SR since the old days of Samson.

Which do you prefer Twist or SR?

Also is there a lapdance area in SR? And if so is there privacy?

Which do you prefer Twist or SR?

Also is there a lapdance area in SR? And if so is there privacy?

In size and guys, SR has it all over Twist

Been to both. In fairness, did have a hot lap dance at Twist with well endowed Latino but in a crowed bar against the side wall.

• 1 month later...

I was at Swinging Richards last night and had an enjoyable experience. It was quite crowded as would be expected for a Friday. Two of my favorite dancers (Travis and Chad) no longer work there so I was pretty disappointed about that. Spent some time with Angel who is always fun. All in all, a good time.

• 1 month later...
made my first-ever visit to SR Atlanta few days ago....had been at SR Pompano Beach, FL, a couple years ago, but it has closed since....

travel partner and I visited on a Fri., Sat., and Mon....they're closed on Sunday....arrived at about 9:30pm each eve and we really liked that early (?) timing as we were able to pick out a table we liked, relax for a bit, and take in the scene before it got busy....yes, it is quiet at that time, but it gets busier pretty quickly after 10pm and is rockin' (on weekend eves) by 11/midnight.....$5 parking in their lot across the street, $10 admission....we drove there the first night and uber'd from downtown the other nights....

the place felt clean and well-run....noticed at our early arrival that the tables were all clean and chairs arranged (I'm used to dives)...entirely friendly and casual vibe.....smaller than the old SR in Florida.....waiter service or go up to the bar....Mich Ultra was about $5.50....by later, many women are present (doesn't bother me) and were usually/always with a dude (website says women must be accompanied by a man to enter).....steady stream of dancers arriving for work around 9:30/10/10:30 thru the front door (dressing room is behind a curtain immediately right of front entrance)

DJs make the usual "tip the dancer" admonishments in that classic stripper-joint DJ voice (yeah, I've been to female strip joints, too) and, of course, keep track of dancers not yet on stage.....

steady stream of dancers on stage go thru a typical three-song routine, getting fully naked (usually.....) by some point in the third.....almost all the dudes are straight/straight-ish and in, at least, worked-out shape....very, very few "twink"s and a very, very few "gay-appearing" guys.....some can dance and some just wobble from foot-to-foot.....beards and scruff on some.....feel free to walk up to those that appeal, make very quick small talk, and tip a buck or three in their armband.....some may give you a very discreet peek...if you're really interested, ask him to come over to your table after his set.....was told that no erections are typically allowed in the main room - do not know if that is by city/county statute or is a ruse to get customers to upgrade to a VIP Lounge visit.....but at least one dancer had a cock ring on during his set, maintaining some semblance of arousal

$10/song table dances in the main room with, ostensibly, little touching/grinding, but full nudity....as the night gets late, this policy apparently is relaxed, especially for women receiving a table dance....if you're lucky, you'll get to watch an extremely hot table dance (probably/possibly for a female) near your own table.....somewhat late on the quiet Monday, one very in-shape, very good-looking, entirely aroused dancer grinded on a chick for several songs in the main room....zoweee!.....as always, be friendly and polite if you want a table dance.....can't really do a lot out in the main room, but chat him up and see what you can get.....if you really like a guy and want more, the VIP Lounge in the back is the place to go.....at least one dancer told me he will only do table dances/privates in the VIP area, never in the main room.....hmmmm....

$10 additional admission to the well-marked VIP Lounge in the back....gatekeeper is usually positioned at his podium....though you certainly can pay and go in at your leisure (and several customers do), I didn't and only paid when I arranged out in the main room for my first VIP dance with a dancer....we walked up to the podium, I paid my $10, and received a wristband allowing access for the entire night.....the VIP Lounge is not large and has a small bar backing to one of the main room bars (with somewhat-blocked views thru it of the main room stage), a small stage occasionally occupied by a dancer, a few tables, sofas, and chairs, and several VIP "rooms" defined by six-feet-high glass-block walls....a few dancers mingle back there, a few customers sit at the bar, and, when busy, there are several "privates" going on in the main area or in the "rooms"....despite no privacy for privates in the VIP area, they can get pretty hot if you and the dancer are clicking (and they are $20/song back there, rather than the $10/song rate in the main room)....more grinding, discreet touching/holding/hugging, whatever you can get away with (keep your own clothes on, though)....discuss with your dancer what you like and see what he'll let you do (and what he'll do for you)....have fun, smile, respect the dancer, kick back....make sure you keep track of song count and communicate with the dancer about this so there are no misunderstandings.....I told my dancers ahead of time how many songs I wanted and asked them to keep track....if you want the most privacy, the VIP Rooms (as opposed to the VIP Lounge - this nomenclature seems important to keep in mind, apparently) are popular and more pricey.....something like $140 for 15 minutes with some split between the dancer and house....discuss the pricing and dancer/house split with the gatekeeper, who you need to pay, anyway, for room rental....there are options....on Mondays, there is usually an attractive "2-for-1" deal in the VIP area, but it's a bit confusing as the house/dancer split is not really 2-for-1, blah, blah (but it's a very good deal).....and I was told using a credit card (allowed) to pay for the VIP Room arrangements incurs an extra fee and that the dancer won't receive his cut for a couple days....carry lots of cash!!.....with the "2 for 1" deal on Monday, I had a great 30 minutes in a VIP Room with a very cool, very accommodating good ol' boy from semi-rural Georgia for a great rate....but check with the gatekeeper for the options and pricing split.....and discuss with your intended, ahead of time, what you like and what he can accommodate.....

not surprisingly, there is a fairly wide variety of guys....ranging from very honest to near-hustler (stay in control around some aggressive dancers:(:().....on a first visit, sit and get used to the scene for a long while before you zero in on dancers who really appeal to you.....dancers will inevitably approach, chat you up, and ask if you want a dance...be polite, chat a short bit, and, if not interested, simply say you're hanging out for now and wish them a great night (or similar).....smile and have fun.....don't immediately say "no!" and ignore them....almost all are decent guys who are working for tips.....the atmosphere is fun-loving and unpretentious....this is one of the extremely rare full-nudity clubs in the US.....

though I'm certainly not an SR expert, PM me or ask here in the thread if you have questions

I've been once before, as a patron, but only briefly

Your review is making me think that I need to look into a weekend trip...

Archived