I'm At One Of The Local Bear Bars -Sigh!!

Gar1eth
This topic is 2892 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to get back on topic...

As much as I love to vogue or do the hustle, I never had much luck meeting someone at a bar or a club. By meeting, I mean pick up and take home. Places like that are usually too loud to have a normal conversation with someone. In order to get to know you, I need to hear what you have to say, without yelling.

If you go to a bar or club alone, chances are you're not going for conversation. For many solo bar goers, I think the assumption is you're looking for sex, and gay guys on the prowl tend to zero in on their favorite type. It's all visual and very superficial.

I had no problem attracting men in other social situations. I just never had any luck meeting or hooking up with guys in a bar or club.

I once joined a gay social club that planned a variety of monthly events. My favorite event was cooking class run by a French caterer. Twelve gay guys in a kitchen, each helping to prepare dinner, revealed a ton of personality. And sitting down to eat together really provided a chance to check everyone out. We often changed chairs for each course. By the time you got to dessert, you were sure if there was someone you wanted to see again, or not.

Remember too that your expression may reveal your negative feelings. Try and look pleasant and approachable regardless of how you feel and what you're thinking. It's difficult to look attractive if you don't like yourself.

Remember too that your expression may reveal your negative feelings. Try and look pleasant and approachable regardless of how you feel and what you're thinking. It's difficult to look attractive if you don't like yourself.

Truer words have never been spoken. If I'm not having a good time I usually head home, but I always try to LOOK like I'm having a good time, and it often pays off.

Pruddy (please note the double d @Truereview ) is safely arrived to Corrientes. I'm in the Mesopotamia, not the Patagonia.

And I let you guys go back to the topic. Sorry for the discretion, I just did not want anybody to think my silence was because my plane crashed in some lost South American gay jungle.

Pleased to hear Pruddy made it to his final (?) destination safely! now, get out of this forum and go enjoy some chamamé!

Archived