So I Read "I'm Buff" or "Gym 3 times a week", what does that mean

rocky
This topic is 2895 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

OK, I visit sites such as adam4adam, grindr and guys post they are "buffed" , what exactly does that mean. I look at the pictures and I see a slightly if not more than slightly overweight guy to a guy so thin you want to know if they have been eating at all. I'm not buff, I'm not at the gym, but what am I suppose to read in to guys who post on "let's hook up" sites when they say this? Maybe it's like cub, versus bear?? Thanks

Being "buff" to me is totally different than "gym 3 times a week". "Buff" means defined muscles and likely hot, as noted above. But "gym 3 times a week" means absolutely nothing; many guys say they go to the gym but they aren't in shape at all.

We could employ the Franco DiSantis definition rule:

• Buffed:
  • -- Bottom
  • Ripped:
  • -- Needy bottom
  • Go to gym 3x/week:
  • -- Screaming needy bottom
  • Gym Rat:
  • -- Stick it in already!

(REALITY: ask him. He'll tell you what HE means by it.)

I think physical self-descriptions are as reliable as most stats are- age, height, weight, etc. In my few encounters I found that a lot of gym-fit, 35 year old, six feet tall men looked an awful lot like 45 year old short guys with a few extra pounds!

And then there's dick size...

OK, I visit sites such as adam4adam, grindr and guys post they are "buffed" , what exactly does that mean. I look at the pictures and I see a slightly if not more than slightly overweight guy to a guy so thin you want to know if they have been eating at all. I'm not buff, I'm not at the gym, but what am I suppose to read in to guys who post on "let's hook up" sites when they say this? Maybe it's like cub, versus bear?? Thanks

A picture says a thousand words. If you're go to the gym regularly and are in good shape, it'll show and you won't need to tell people about it. It's like that VGL bullshit that used to float around - if you're telling me, it's because you can't show me, and I can tell buff, in shape, gym regularly and VGL just by looking at you.

I go to the gym 3 times a week. I'm awesomely average, not buff, not VGL, but I am kind to animals. :)

You can get buff (whatever your definition of that is) and get in and stay in excellent shape by going to the gym 3 days a week. Add proper diet, and a little cardio, and wham bam...you're good to go. ;)

"awesomely average" I love that line.

You can get buff (whatever your definition of that is) and get in and stay in excellent shape by going to the gym 3 days a week. Add proper diet, and a little cardio, and wham bam...you're good to go. ;)

Annie, I see you have been reading ALOT ? :p

From the Urban Dictionary:

buff

Very strong or having defined muscles, hot.

When a guy says he is "buff" or "gym 3 times a week", I take that to mean that he not only works out, but is also in good shape with defined chest, arms, and has muscle definition. Your mileage may vary...

I always thought "Buff" meant muscled, but not well defined. "Ripped" meant definition and lean-ness, such as Pecs so defined you could cut yourself

I always thought "Buff" meant muscled, but not well defined. "Ripped" meant definition and lean-ness, such as Pecs so defined you could cut yourself

Well I like the little muscle boys, so however one describes them, muscled, buff, beefy, is OK with me. So long as they have a nice chest and arms, and calls me daddy and treats me nice. ;)

A friend of mine goes to the gym 7 days a week!!!! Sounds impressive!! Well actually he walks in, strips down, gets towel, heads to steam room and gets on his knees. 2 hours later he gets up, showers, gets dressed and leaves. ;)

So actually his knees are probably very buff-as in shiny-like a floor that's been buffed.

Gman

Archived