TV Heaven, Telly Hell

Gar1eth
This topic is 2926 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is an old TV show on British TV from 2006. It features a well-known British comedian Sean Lock as host interviewing other comedians on their favorite TV programs, and the programs they hate. At the end of the show they reenact one of the programs.

This episode features Jimmy Carr another well-known British Comedian. This is the last segment of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWs2gIGYuw

Gman

ick i don't know why anyone even Brits would watched that twat Jimmy Carr

I think Jimmy is probably not a very nice person to be around (I thought the same about David Letterman and Andy Rooney). But I think he's pretty funny.

they said "tallywhacker"!

YES!! And we got to see a bit of Sean's. It was funny to me because I know that never would have gotten by our TV censors.

Wow Really not funny.

I will respectfully have to disagree. I'm not saying it was bust a gut funny. But I found parts of it amusing. And I really only posted it because of the 'tallywacker' reference (even my spellchecker knows how to spell it now:p), and to show how different British TV is in that they didn't bleep out the showing of Sean's bits.

Gman

I think Jimmy is probably not a very nice person to be around (I thought the same about David Letterman and Andy Rooney). But I think he's pretty funny.

Is Jack Paar the only late night American host (in Jack's case, "The Tonight Show") to be successful in a once a week prime top talk show (from about 1962-1965)? Leno tried it. Steve Allen was successful too, but his show was really a variety show. Am I missing someone obvious?

YES!! And we got to see a bit of Sean's. It was funny to me because I know that never would have gotten by our TV censors.

Gman

A hijack of the thread (momentary only) to show another example of something that would never get past the American TV censors. Watch closely. It occurs at the end of the clip.

Gman

Archived