Respite from The Deli - Some Tap Dancing

Will Do
This topic is 2962 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Take a break from the most recent supremely contentious thread in The Deli!

Sure to lift spirits!

Let's Tap Our Troubles Away with the amazing Anna-Jane Casey and an utterly talented troupe of tappers accompanied by John Wilson conducting his Orchestra along with the Maida Vale Singers. Seen at the 2012 Proms at Royal Albert Hall, London.

One of the great Jerry Herman's hits from Mack & Mabel.

Take a break from the most recent supremely contentious thread in The Deli!

Sure to lift spirits!

Let's Tap Our Troubles Away with the amazing Anna-Jane Casey and an utterly talented troupe of tappers accompanied by John Wilson conducting his Orchestra. Seen at the 2012 Proms at Royal Albert Hall, London.

One of the great Jerry Herman's hits from Mack & Mable.

I think the following is both comedy & tragedy. ;)

http://media.giphy.com/media/8aLQDT8BXSj7y/giphy.gif

My mother once won an episode of the Ted Mack Original Amateur Hour Radio Program by tap dancing. She must have been 6 or 7 but it was highlight for her and every now an again, even in her 80's she would bust out a little tap.

Good for her!

I saw Mack and Mabel in Los Angeles during out of town tryouts before the Broadway run. The show was pretty dark in tone ( one reason given for why it was unsuccessful), and then in the midst of all darkness, this number exploded with the great Lisa Kirk (Allegro, Kiss Me Kate) singing the song, and what looked like 100 dancers performing Gower Champion's knock out choreography. This number stopped the show. Will Do, your selection is perfect to lighten the tone as "comic relief"

I saw Mack and Mabel in Los Angeles during out of town tryouts before the Broadway run. The show was pretty dark in tone ( one reason given for why it was unsuccessful), and then in the midst of all darkness, this number exploded with the great Lisa Kirk (Allegro, Kiss Me Kate) singing the song, and what looked like 100 dancers performing Gower Champion's knock out choreography. This number stopped the show. Will Do, your selection is perfect to lighten the tone as "comic relief"

Thanks! Needed some sort of uplifting diversion from that thread!

She is very impressive, didn't look like she was even slightly winded, meanwhile all of the other dancers looked like they were about to pass out. That stage was so small, it looked like they had 3 squares which were probably 18 or 24 inches which when you think about it is not a lot of space to be dancing in, let alone spinning, forming multiple lines, and doing high kicks.

Only negative is one of my pet peeves when they film shows and dance routines, I don't want to see the audience reaction. I could care less what somebody in the audience is doing or how they are reacting, If you have to show me the audience show them before the routine and pan out when they are done, but there were a couple moments during this clip where the director cut away to the audience or panned out doing a side angle no less showing the audience (dressed like they were taking a flight not seeing a show) and you miss out on what she and the other dancers are doing.

thanks for sharing.

Archived