change of heart on NYC

Brian Kevin
This topic is 2971 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I always talked shit about NYC and never going there, but I made it. 2 days turned into 5 days. I'm having so much fun. Great clients, great food, great city.

I'm not overwhelmed, I'm just a little too friendly. I stay out of everyone's way and say excuse me. I am a mid west boy after all.

Happy weekend everyone.

With love I hope you all rest, relax and release this weekend.

longevity

Love your posts fella, never know what you're going to say. You going to confession? That could take some time!!

No I'm going to listen. Going to give thanks, going to praise. Going to feel something. Going to make a donation. I believe in a higher power, god is difficult to grasp and understand. Someone keeps me safe, someone keeps us all safe. There's bombs going off in random places, strangers fighting, someones selling drugs to a kid right now. I just turn to my faith. Sometimes I'm more invested than others, but we all have a journey. We all have a path. At the end of the day we make our own choices, energy is real and around us, and we have no fucking idea.

I lived in NYC from 1987-2000. For the most part it was a wonderful time for me. I did a lot of growing during that time. I do remember being quite tired of the city in general my last year, which is why I moved.

I still visit every few months and walk by some of the places I lived (especially the first and last apartment I live). It is then I become wistful and think, "where has the time gone?"

NYC is a different place for me now. Most of my friends have moved. It's amazing how I truly loved living there at one time, but it's also nice to have another city that I love equally. That being said, I usually suggest to a younger person that they should live in NYC at least once in their lifetime.

So glad you're having a nice visit, Brian.

No I'm going to listen. Going to give thanks, going to praise. Going to feel something. Going to make a donation. I believe in a higher power, god is difficult to grasp and understand. Someone keeps me safe, someone keeps us all safe. There's bombs going off in random places, strangers fighting, someones selling drugs to a kid right now. I just turn to my faith. Sometimes I'm more invested than others, but we all have a journey. We all have a path. At the end of the day we make our own choices, energy is real and around us, and we have no fucking idea.

Well said fella. There has to be a higher power otherwise nothing makes sense. Love your depth.

I've traveled long, far and wide, and the two cities that consistently match their reputations are Paris and NYC. They never let me down. Glad you are happy and well Brian.

Paris je t'aime, but London is wonderful. I expect NYC to be grand but I haven't been there yet (or to Brooklyn which Russ says is even greater). Anywhere Brian is sounds like a good place to me!

I always talked shit about NYC and never going there, but I made it. 2 days turned into 5 days. I'm having so much fun. Great clients, great food, great city.

I'm not overwhelmed, I'm just a little too friendly. I stay out of everyone's way and say excuse me. I am a mid west boy after all.

Happy weekend everyone.

With love I hope you all rest, relax and release this weekend.

longevity

Don't worry, a lot of people from NYC have also stereotypes about folks from the Midwest too, I'm able to tell the difference between the new, exciting, open minded, cultured Midwest: Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, ND, SD, Nebraska, Minnesota, Ohio, etc and the one South of there and very Republican with so many socio economic problems.

People should be more grateful with the East Coast (Northeast) and everything I does and has done for the country since the founding of the nation and the revolutionary war, to all the money we give to the other states.

The country would be a better place if we all had more New York values!

http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/poll-are-ny-values-good-for-the-country.110906/#post-1045459

To me NY values are:

Capitalism

Trade

Mind your own fucking business (private life)/live and let live.

Freedom

Responsibility

Say what you mean and mean what you say, if they don't like it fuck them.

Punctuality, times is money

Get your ass of your place and walk/take the subway (just added)

I would add FRIENDLY and WELCOMING and willing to help someone in need and CHARITABLE.

I would add CULTURED as there is a cultural intensity not found many other places.

http://www.commonsensedemocracy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/wpid-Photo-Jan-25-2012-534-PM.jpg

http://www.giveupblog.com/maps/map9.jpg

I had a very emotional service at church today. I confirmed with the overwhelming feeling inside of my body that I'm doing the right thing. Loneliness catches up quick, however, with God inside of your heart, you're never truly alone.

Thank all of you for your support and for your for teaching me new things about NYC!!

I had a very emotional service at church today. I confirmed with the overwhelming feeling inside of my body that I'm doing the right thing. Loneliness catches up quick, however, with God inside of your heart, you're never truly alone.

Thank all of you for your support and for your for teaching me new things about NYC!!

Hey B, I wish I was in NYC this week to show ya around. 3 out-of-the-box recommendations:

1. Since you are in a spiritual mood, take a trip to my favorite spot in NYC: The Cloisters. It is an extension of the Met. It has a beautiful courtyard where you can eat lunch in between seeing really cool medieval art.
  2. My favorite Colombian place - with cute Latino waiters - is in Park Slope, Brooklyn. It is called Bogota Bistro - food is served generously and it is delicious. If you go at night, it can be quite festive.
  3. For a cool view of the west side of the city, go to the Press Lounge - the rooftop bar of the Ink48 hotel

Hug. TR

Brian, I respect your comments about religion and I understand that that will be part of how you deal with the world. But be aware that there are always people here who love you no matter what and wish you all the best.

Reminded me of one of my favorite T-shirts:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server6100/a9579/product_images/uploaded_images/jesus-loves-you-everyone-else-biker-shirt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived