SF Hooville 2

friendofsheila
This topic is 7200 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I hope Trixie doesn't mind that I started a new post borrowing from a previous post about starting an SF Hooville so some of us can get together and chat, compare notes, "tawk among ourselves..."

"OK, so we've established that there are a few souls who'd like to meet... now what? Where, when? The problem with this is that there are no great arenas for this sort of meeting in SF. Most of the bars I can think of in SF are "cruise or lose" places, not friendly sit-down-and-enjoy-

yourself locations. Perhaps... what is it... "Uncle's"? Next to the Starbucks in the Castro? Although not a hustler bar, it might be a good venue for a get together.

Trix"

Friend of Sheila Again:

Thanks for the suggestion, Trix. I'm in the East Bay and have mostly zero clue about what's what in the Castro. Do we have any better suggestions than Trixie's place , which I've found out is now called "The Mix" and is a couple of doors east of Castro on 18th. (ARE there hustler bars in SF? I dunno)

I'll also suggest an early Sunday evening get-together (maybe 5pm so people can get to a dinner later if they like).

And further let's toss around Sunday, September 25th as a date to start negotiation. (Know in advance that such scheduling rarely result in absolutely everybody being able to make it, so let's shoot for whatever isn't pre-empted by some major event.)

Let's hear back from you guys!

Good ideas..., but Sunday the 26th of September is the Folsom Street Fair. I don't plan to go, but I have made some other arrangements for this day; it's my birthday.

I'm still interested once it's started. And in answer to your query about hustler bars-- I think they're nonexistent in the City. I've been out of the loop in terms of bars for a long time, but in my reading gay periodicals and BAR, I haven't seen anything of such, even a hint... Axiom

September 25th would probably be a REALLY bad time to plan a group activity. It's Folsom Street Fair weekend (with the actual event on Sunday the 26th).

The up side is that every leather queen in the Western hemisphere with a disposable income and time to spare will be in town. The down side is that every leather queen in the Western hemisphere with a disposable income and time to spare will be in town. :9

SF will be WAY crowded.

>Someone send pics. hehe

That's not entirely implausible. I'll be up there the 24th.

Wouldn't take TOO much to get me to stick around for the weekend, except that there will be crowds. I don't do crowds. I do sometimes take pictures of crowds, tho. :p

Oh, hi!...

Sorry for the delayed participation, I'd been having problems logging in. But Daddy (My hero!) suggested a remedy, and it worked, so I'm back.

October 10 would work for me, I'll just have come back from abroad, and will be eager to be again reintroduced to polite society!

Trix

I'm driving up Friday, and driving elsewhere Saturday morning.

If you make it an EARLY brunch (otherwise known as a breakfast) I might be there. But the boy I'll be waking up with doesn't "do" early well. I'll probably have to throw him over my shoulder while checking out of the hotel because he'll still be sleeping.

Don't count on me.

I'd be up for brunch on Saturday with you and/or anyone who'd be interested. Should be fun. My suggestion would be Rocco's on Folsom bwtn 7th & 8th, which is a likable neighborhood place that I go to a lot. Or Brainwash, across the street, which has counter service rather than waitresses so people can stumble in at will....

Archived