unlocking private gallery

This topic is 2988 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

That's interesting. There are tons of ads in which pictures showing a full-on erection are public. Not sure how THAT isn't sexual.

Yeah, I have pics with a hard-on in my public profile. I guess it's the distinction between erotic and sexual. If there is "play" or penetration (oral or anal), or even implied sexual activity (as in some of the pics I posted where I'm just massaging my man), they consider it X rated.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I have pics with a hard-on in my public profile. I guess it's the distinction between erotic and sexual. If there is "play" or penetration (oral or anal), or even implied sexual activity (as in some of the pics I posted where I'm just massaging my man), they consider it X rated.

If it works for Rentmen then I guess it works for the rest of us.

Some of the pics in the open profiles on Rentmen look pretty X to me. What's the distinction / rule about what pics go into the private gallery?

The guidelines (and I'm paraphrasing here) are that, if you can see dick, it belongs in a private gallery. They just don't enforce it.

The guidelines (and I'm paraphrasing here) are that, if you can see dick, it belongs in a private gallery. They just don't enforce it.

Until, of course, they decide to enforce the guidelines. That's why it makes sense for you to follow them. No surprises later on.

I agree with most of what has been said in this thread, but I disagree with the conclusion.

While I think that you are being completely "reasonable" in withholding access to people who you don't think will ever be clients, I don't think it is in your best interest. First, you're spending your valuable time communicating back-and-forth with them to determine if they're for real. It would take much less time to just send them the password and a canned, flirtatious message which gives them the benefit of the doubt. Second, if 9 out of 10 of these inquiries are from people who are just trying to collect pictures, that still leaves 1 out of 10 that might be serious and you might lose by "being difficult."

If Rentmen was charging you each time you unlocked your private photos, then it would make sense to withhold the password, but in reality, it seems the only reason to withhold it is because you don't like the idea of people jerking off to your photos for free. Get over it. Screening these inquiries is a waste of time, and you'll in no way be worse off if you just give out the private gallery password.

I agree with most of what has been said in this thread, but I disagree with the conclusion.

While I think that you are being completely "reasonable" in withholding access to people who you don't think will ever be clients, I don't think it is in your best interest. First, you're spending your valuable time communicating back-and-forth with them to determine if they're for real. It would take much less time to just send them the password and a canned, flirtatious message which gives them the benefit of the doubt. Second, if 9 out of 10 of these inquiries are from people who are just trying to collect pictures, that still leaves 1 out of 10 that might be serious and you might lose by "being difficult."

If Rentmen was charging you each time you unlocked your private photos, then it would make sense to withhold the password, but in reality, it seems the only reason to withhold it is because you don't like the idea of people jerking off to your photos for free. Get over it. Screening these inquiries is a waste of time, and you'll in no way be worse off if you just give out the private gallery password.

You make a good point. However, most of the requests are automatically generated - someone views my profile, clicks on my private gallery, a request is automatically generated [with the option to add further, clarifying text that nobody has taken advantage of], and then I can either "approve" or "deny" the request. There's no need to interact with the person to approve/deny so I'm still doing work if I include the password and a short message, so I'm doing the work regardless. As for not liking people jerking off to my pictures for free, that's not necessarily the case. I have hundreds of pictures (nude and otherwise) available VERY easily and linked from my Rentmen profile. For me, it's about trying to conduct a business, and finding my line between helping people get what they need to determine if they want to hire me vs. wasting my time on folks who have no interest.

What I have learned from these responses and from reviewing the reactions I've gotten from clients, I'll continue doing things the way I have been doing them. Yes, I may lose some folks for being "too difficult," but I think if someone were to find me too difficult over this issue, they're probably going to be looking for problems anywhere they can find them.

I was unaware that clicking on private pictures on RM generated a request to open them, I had always assumed that I had to consciously ask the guy whose profile I was viewing if I wanted to see his private pics. So my apologies to anyone I may have inadvertently requested access to those pics. Eric, I agree you have pics aplenty, more than enough for us to get a good idea of who you are!

...[with the option to add further, clarifying text that nobody has taken advantage of...

I have been a rentmen registered user for many years and until you just mentioned that I did not even know it was an option! That is why I have never added any text to my unlock requests. I wonder if others are in the same boat and simply didn't know they could. I sure wouldn't have been opposed to saying something (like hi saw your ad and was interested in knowing more about you) instead of just "unlock" or whatever it sends you by default.

Archived