How hot are you?

Keith30309
This topic is 3004 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In thinking about some of the Forum discussion about how a companion could justify a high fee and if he is worth it, I stumbled across a web site http://howhot.io a group of Scandinavian researchers developed that will analyze a photograph of a face and report, on a scale of 1 to 6, how “hot” that person is (1 being a “Hmm” and 6 being “Godlike”). The descriptions of the algorithms behind it are a little vague but it seems to be a combination of facial feature analytics (the things that we ordinarily associate with beauty like symmetry along a vertical midpoint line) and correlation to the features of a large population which have been crowd-rated (for example, photos from an unnamed dating site and pictures of “hot” celebrities). (Which, among other things, means that there is some ethnic and racial bias baked into the numbers but that’s life, isn’t it).

My Modest Proposal is that a standard formula for fee-setting be adopted based on how “hot” the companion is. Further, the fee would be modified up or down based on how ‘hot’ (or not) the client is – an “Ogre supplement fee”. This should end any arguments about if someone is “worth” their stated rate and create a level playing field for all involved.

For example, I pointed the app to Mike G’s RM profile photograph (the one in the suit) and it rates him at a 5 out of 6 – “Stunning”. (I picked Mike because he’s unquestionably attractive, but more importantly, doesn’t know where I live nor seem to be the violent type). If we use a value of $50/point then I should expect the base fee to be $300.

I then submitted my own picture - I am a 2, or “OK” per the site.

One sample scale for offsetting client appearance score is $10 up/down per appearance point:

1=”Hmmm” is +$20,

2=”Ok” is +$10,

3=”Nice” is $0,

4=”Hot” is $0,

5=”Stunning” is -$10, and

6=”Godlike” is -$20

Thus, the Mike/Keith30309 rate is $300 + $10 = $310.

Regarding adoption of the model, I’d not consider it a Hobson’s (sic) choice – either party can choose to not engage the other or, perhaps, include less empirical criterion such as empathy, emotional connectedness, ability to give and accept affection, humor, professionalism, etc. if they like.

Therefore let no man talk to me of other expedients” on these forums.

*** Just for fun – not to be taken seriously ***

I like it! The only change I would make is in the Client Scale. Make "nice" 0 and "hot" -10 and adjust "stunning" and "godlike" upwards. (Not that this would help me, although I might make "nice" if age is factored in).

You really have some time on your hands, don't you?:D

Hehe, very clever and funny! Wouldn't a score of 5 out of 6 at $50/point equal a base rate of $250 though? I loaded mine and got "Hot", which is 4 of 6. I'm fine with that. It guessed me to be 30, though I'm 35. I was only disappointed that it rated my partner as Hot as well, though I think at a minimum he's "Stunning". It guessed him to be 45 though he's 55. In all seriousness though, there are so many things that make someone beautiful, so I hope no one allows this bring them down or further boost an ego.

Very interesting site. I tested it with several pictures of different people and it was quite accurate with the age. I didn't necessarily agree with all of the hotness ratings because no one that I uploaded was getting better than Stunning until I tried Colin Farrell. He came back as Godlike and there's no arguing with that.

I tried it with a fairly recent picture of myself and one taken about 20 years ago. I did the same with pictures of a sibling. In both cases, the younger pictures score more attractive. Oh well.... I'll tell myself that I've grown in inner beauty as I've gotten older.

That was sort of fun and sort of not! I tried various photos from my life. It varied on my age guesses, but the only picture that gave me "hot" also gave me the highest age and was the only time the program overguessed my age. So I guess I should fully embrace the "daddy" thing.

I just did one of my 1st cousins. He was the handsomest out of the 4 men in my generation of the family. When he was younger he had vague kind of a Tom Selleck/Magnum PI look going for him. So I don't know exactly how old he was in the young picture-probably no older than 32-he was stunning. I then did a picture from the last several years. When he was probably mid-50's-he's put on a bit of weight-but isn't fat. And he's lost a lot of hair-now he's only ok.

I found a picture of 23 year old me-I was 'nice' (who knew). Current decrepit me is only ok.:(

Gman

In thinking about some of the Forum discussion about how a companion could justify a high fee and if he is worth it, I stumbled across a web site http://howhot.io a group of Scandinavian researchers developed that will analyze a photograph of a face and report, on a scale of 1 to 6, how “hot” that person is.....

Scandinavian tax dollars hard at work! :)

Ha! And the ass end of one, at that.

That's actually a pic I drew. I haven't (yet) shared a pic of myself with anyone on here. Course, no one has asked ;)

I apologize. I should have called you a stalwart stallion!!! And I'm quite impressed by your artistic abilities too!!

Gman

Archived