Am I Being an Unreasonable Customer

rocky
This topic is 3000 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest countryboywny
In my father's day the weekend started Saturday - and he worked a six day workweek - 'the country's gone to hell since the 40 hour workweek was implemented'

I would love to know the profession in which you can work 40 hours and make enough to live on! Sign me up! :p

I tend to think that the weekend is from close of business Friday till start of work on Monday in some contexts and Saturday and Sunday (plus whatever public holidays are added on) in others. If someone said they were available all weekend I wouldn't blink if they then said they were not available on Friday night, but neither would I blink if I asked for a weekend appointment and they offered 7pm on Friday.

Guest countryboywny
I dunno about that CBwny - it that photo is real, many a pecker would enjoy a toothless blow.

ISC, it isn't real! I confess that I used this fake pic because he's so much better looking than me and I was trying to attract hot guys. I'm so ashamed. :(

I tend to think that the weekend is from close of business Friday till start of work on Monday in some contexts and Saturday and Sunday (plus whatever public holidays are added on) in others.

Wow - until Monday morning? That's generous!

Wow - until Monday morning? That's generous!

I wasn't thinking in terms of what someone was selling as a weekend, so 'generous' is not all that relevant. I was thinking merely of what your average punter would consider to be his/her weekend, and in that case it can well be seen as the whole time between when your employer requires you to be present of Friday until they require you on Monday.

Archived